Company car insurance?

Suspended
MikeHunt79 said:
Now to find a job that gives you an M3 as a company car... ;)

Our place lets you pick anything you want as long as its from BM, but you have to pay 2/3rds of the difference in cost.

Base is a 320D for someone at my level, so if I wanted a 330D (whats that about 4K difference in price?) then I pay 2/3rds of 4K split over 3 years, but If i hit my 90,000 Miles then I stop paying the difference.

Thats our place - might be the same at other places!

EDIT: We have the cars for 3 years of 90K - whatever comes first

Last edited:
Suspended
[TW]Fox said:
So if your scheme is so flexible how on earth did you get stuck with a 118d :confused:

320D was written off early :S bit of an accident, 118d was a pool car that got delivered about 2 weeks later so I took that. I actually like it! But I'll be changing in august.

Think I'll have a 320d again, or maybe a 3 Door 120D - awesome MPG!

EDIT: How much are 520D's - good MPG? You drive one of those don't you? Awesome cars!

Man of Honour
AthlonTom said:
320D was written off early :S bit of an accident, 118d was a pool car that got delivered about 2 weeks later so I took that. I actually like it! But I'll be changing in august.

Aaaah I see. Doh, must have been quite a smack to write off a £20k 320d :eek:

Think I'll have a 320d again, or maybe a 3 Door 120D - awesome MPG!

With a deal like you have I would be paying the difference and getting a 325d M Sport.

EDIT: How much are 520D's - good MPG? You drive one of those don't you? Awesome cars!

About £26k - I've got a 530i not a 520d. MPG isn't bad, the appeal of the 520d is lower company car tax.

Suspended
[TW]Fox said:
Aaaah I see. Doh, must have been quite a smack to write off a £20k 320d :eek:

The car took it really well, I hardly felt anything, the BMW's build quality just shone through. Some Woman drove into the front wing, kept he foot down, bounced off and them slammed into the rear quarter. about 9K's worth of damage on a car that was 3 years old with 80K or so K on the clock, insurance just wrote it off.

With a deal like you have I would be paying the difference and getting a 325d M Sport.

I've not really spent a lot of time looking at the options yet, but just looking at the BMW website 325d M Sport Coupe looks *** sex!

About £26k - I've got a 530i not a 520d. MPG isn't bad, the appeal of the 520d is lower company car tax.

Yeah - I'll definately go for a diesel, the difference it makes to the tax I pay a month is quite large

Cheers

Man of Honour
AthlonTom said:
I've not really spent a lot of time looking at the options yet, but just looking at the BMW website 325d M Sport Coupe looks *** sex!

Its great, despite the name it's actually a 3 litre engine with more power than the outgoing E46 330d Sport. I had one for the day last month (Saloon) and, frankly, loved it.

Back
Top Bottom