Hourly fee for PHP projects?

Associate
A friend of mine who owns a freelance company is looking for PHP developpers/coders to finish some projects, and would like to know how much do PHP developers take by the hour on average?

Soldato
hitmann said:
A friend of mine who owns a freelance company is looking for PHP developpers/coders to finish some projects, and would like to know how much do PHP developers take by the hour on average?
Sorry to be cliché, but how long is a piece of string?

What type of projects, what state are they in etc...

Anything from £5-£75ph I've seen.

Soldato
jdickerson said:

Complete rubbish, the rate for a PHP freelancer is £38.42 per hour :p :o

Soldato
jdickerson said:

Coupled with questions about the developer too—experience, skill etc.

Associate
OP
Ok, I don't know about PHP, so not really sure how to specifically explain the projects. But basically it's that:

One of the projects he showed me was a gallery where users could choose a picture they want and click Select and that brings to a page with the selected picture and a form for the user to put their details and once submitted it would send an e-mail to the webmaster with those details.

I'm not sure about the other works though. But how much would it cost for a coder that has the knowledge for the above?

Location is in Mauritius. But I'd like to know on average how much would it cost around England or even USA. Just to have an idea where to start

Last edited:
Soldato
hitmann said:
Ok, I don't know about PHP, so not really sure how to specifically explain the projects. But basically it's that:

One of the projects he showed me was a gallery where users could choose a picture they want and click Select and that brings to a page with the selected picture and a form for the user to put their details and once submitted it would send an e-mail to the webmaster with those details.

I'm not sure about the other works though. But how much would it cost for a coder that has the knowledge for the above?

Location is in Mauritius. But I'd like to know on average how much would it cost around England or even USA. Just to have an idea where to start
Like a shopping site for pictures or am I too tired....?

Associate
OP
Yes. Kinda like an art gallery where the artist sell his painting. But no online payment when the user selects the picture of the painting. Just the picture of the painting and the user's details sent to the e-mail address

Soldato
hitmann said:
Yes. Kinda like an art gallery where the artist sell his painting. But no online payment when the user selects the picture of the painting. Just the picture of the painting and the user's details sent to the e-mail address
In which case, sounds very easy and more than a few people on here could do it. I wouldn't expect an expensive charge.

Soldato
hitmann said:

I even managed something similar to that, i suck at PHP too :)

Back
Top Bottom