Champions League 1st/2nd May *Spoilers*

Soldato
really nervous about tonight, had exactly the same feeling in 2005. Its amazing the rivalry that exists between Chelsea and Liverpool now; even the neutrals cant wait for this match. It seems that Liverpool vs Chelsea is one the most anticipated matches of the season, so much so than Arsenal vs Man Utd, and even Liverpool vs Man Utd :eek: ..anyway, just hope the red men do it again tonight, although i got this bad feeling in my stomach we havent got it in us this time.

Im gonna shoot myself if Zenden plays again.

Caporegime
I thought Zenden played well against Chelsea last week but he was ******* horrific against Portsmouth. I'm really disappointed Arbeloa doesn't start at left back and Riise in midfield.

We need a big performance from Gerrard tonight and without Alonso he should get more time on the ball.

Don
Linoge said:
Baz, anyone a yellow away from missing the final?
Think Sean's confussed.

Pennant and Mascherano are the only 2 on yellows. Chelsea have Drogba, Cole, Robben, Ballack and Diarra could be more but not too sure.

As for our line up, was expected if he wanted to play Kuyt and Crouch up top as Rafa doesn't like Gerrard and Alonso playing alongside each other. I guess he's gone for Zenden because of the performance of Arbeloa in the first leg.

Soldato
Oh well, looks like he's starting. Ill get behind him no doubt but if he doesnt produce the goods i hope Rafa changes him with Bellamy or Gonzalez quickly. lets hope JP puts in another performance against Chelsea like he did in the league.

Soldato
BaZ87 said:
Think Sean's confussed.

Pennant and Mascherano are the only 2 on yellows. Chelsea have Drogba, Cole, Robben, Ballack and Diarra could be more but not too sure.

Ok stand corrected, only repeating what i heard on sky sports. ;) Most likely overheard them talking about 2 years ago...

Last edited:
Caporegime
Creature said:
I don't know who I want to win tonight.

If Chelsea win, then there will be the harder final tie if Man Utd get through, but the rivalry isn't as big as the one between Man Utd and Liverpool.

However, if Liverpool win, it will be a slightly easier final (no offence) but if they were to beat us the humiliation would be unbearable.

I would like an all English final, but if Liverpool win, I really wouldn't mind if Milan beat us.

IF it becomes a manu v liverpool final in athens I think it would turn into bloodshed. I reckon that final would see clubs getting euro bans or even english clubs getting another ban.

I think Uefa are pooing themselves over that final.

Back
Top Bottom