Landscape Infrared. Recent shoot.

Caporegime
Fstop11 said:
Bulb mode is just how long you can hold the shutter down for. a remote trigger has a lockable trigger so it can be held down for any number of time.

My modified 350D will be able to shoot at speeds only about a stop less than what it can viewing visible light. Anything upto 1/4000th :)

True, I am just pointing out that his max exposure time can be a lot longer than 30 seconds and that 30seconds was used due to light issues not camera issues. :)

Associate
messiah khan said:
Roughly how much is the mdified IR camera setting you back if you don't mind me asking? Are you doing it yourself?

350 dollar plus shipping from here http://www.lifepixel.com/

I haven't found a UK company that does it but i'd be more than interested if there was one. There are step by step instructions about how to mod your own camera for lots of popular models on the site but the 'desolder these connections' steps put me right off! :eek:

Hoodi has modded his own camera you can see how he's getting on here (it's a link to another forum, if it's not apt I'll take it down or a mod can?).

It is costing me about £300 for the 350D body. Plus £50 for the filter. I am doing it myself. Although I am worried about the soldering parts its not actually soldering any electrical part, more an electrical shield plate.

During my HND I did a lot of cutting with a craft knife and Ive always been into DIY electrical mods. I am very much looking forward to doing this and I will be posting a DIY guide myself while I do it.

Broadbandplacey:
Exposure is very hard with Canons, Its almost pointless. The problem lies with shadow details for un modded Canon cams.

Shoei:
Is the D80 crap at it? Nikon must have changed the lowpass filter in the recent models.

Mohain:
Thanks! I wasn't aware hoodi had done this. His non modded work was inspirational!!

I was hoping to be the 1st regular but still. Its well worth every penny.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom