Gumball 3000 - 2007

Soldato
Official statement just been released from Maximillion.

He's urging more drivers to pull out and the facts are that the two drivers alerted authorities to the accident immediately.

That conflicts with the media reports of them fleeing.

To be honest i never believed they would flee, the car is stickered up and everyone knows who the drivers are.

We hope more drivers follow Team Polizei’s example and withdraw from the rally as that’s the only appropriate thing to do after this tragedy…

Gumball 3000 is very saddened to announce a road accident which occurred yesterday, May 2nd, involving a participating vehicle and a local vehicle in Macedonia. Exact details are still filtering through, but below are the facts as of midday May 3rd 2007 issued by the Macedonian authorities.

An adult Macedonian male aged 67 died in hospital from a heart attack following the incident where the two cars collided. The participants in the rally were held in custody last night with a preliminary court judgement expected today.

Organisers of the rally would like to express its deepest condolences to the family of the victim for this tragic accident.

Maximillion Cooper, founder of the Rally says: “It is with extreme sadness I have to make an announcement of this nature in the events nine year history.. The event is organised with each local authorities support and permission, and drivers are under strict stipulation by abide by the laws and road regulations of the country they are driving through. It is extremely sad for this unfortunate accident to have occurred. I am informed that the incident was reported immediately by the drivers. Both drivers are extremely traumatised by this occurrence.”

Soldato
Urgh, that's horrid news. :(

R.I.P

I wonder how they would like it if someone ploughed into their car, leaving them fighting for life, whilst they ran off without a giving a second look back. :mad:

Caporegime
trouble is with the gumball

there's far too many people pushing to win a race, driving over roads they dont know, in many cases i think, in cars that are beyond their driving talents.

we all know that "its not a race" in exactly the same way as me racing my brother in law back home isnt a race. Testosterone and fuel mixing together will allways produce competitveness, and ultimately, stuff like this happens

Soldato
Issued by Maximillion Cooper on behalf of The Gumball 3000 Rally - 21.30 / 03 May 2007

Following our earlier release reporting yesterday’s accident - As a sign of respect we have decided that this year's Gumball 3000 Rally will not travel any further and will end in Bratislava this evening, May 3rd 2007.

As the organisers of the rally we feel that it should be stopped as a mark of respect to Vladimir Cepulyoski who died today after an accident involving one the participating drivers.

We are very saddened by what has happened and feel that it would be wrong to continue. On behalf of Gumball 3000, we once again extend our deepest sympathies to his family and we are doing everything we can for them.

This is the first time anything like this has happened in 9 years of travelling through over 40 countries with 1000's of drivers and it is with deep regret that I make this announcement.

I still think it will be back next year, too many fans and too much money involved for it to be canned for good :)

Associate
This is terrible news however I can't say I'm the least bit surprised. It was only a matter of time before somebody was killed, I'm just sorry that it was a passer-by.

Nem

Nem

Associate
OP
I'd be very suprised it it wasn't on next year I'm afraid. There is too much money involved for them to just let it go. I'm not saying than any amount of money can replace a life, but gumball 3000 is a business as much as a rally unfortunatly.

:(

Nick

A5H

A5H

Permabanned
The gumball used to be cool.
Now it's absolute tools with too much money who want some nice publicity.
When people like bam margera are allowed to join you know it's going down the pan.

Ah well.

Soldato
So sad to hear of such a tragedy occuring in the event.. They strictly say its a "rally".. not a race, but most cars charge through a lot of countries. RIP to the person involved in the crash, I really hope nothing like this happens again in an event that which is supposed to be fun for the entrants and spectators alike.

Just for confirmation - the gumball has been cancelled for this year due to the death of the Macedonian man.

Last edited:

Zip

Zip

Soldato
The_One said:
Team Polizei have withdrawn from the Gumball due to the death today.

I have so much respect for Alex and Michael for doing that :)

Dont they drive a black BMW? :confused:

Didnt the people in the Porsche jump in a Black BMW to try get away? :confused:

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
No, they drive a blue BMW.
Which could be black with some media spin! Infact, it could be any colour.

Either way, a sad day, for gumball and that man's family. Have to hate tragedies like this. Quite surprising though that after 9 years nothing like this has happened really, considering some of the people on the gumball before.

Not surprised to see Alex Roy leading the way with the correct course of action. Top quality bloke.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
There are too many pretentious lad-mag retards and 'celebs' wanting more exposure entering the Gumball now. I fear that this will happen more often :(

Sam

Sam

Soldato
gtcrashedma1.jpg

Apprentley a Carrera GT has ditched it too

:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom