Why did a pair oj Jeans I bought today come with some sandpaper ?

Caporegime
Dunno if anyones posted it but that Sandpaper is for your scrotum.

as for 300 quid on a pair of jeans?? ROFL - our planet is doomed. Whats the point in stopping global warming when we have people on the planet like this guy.

Soldato
C. £100 is no money for jeans, they are always worth the extra cash. Not what I would have put you in though tbh. I've always seen Etienne Ozeki's as weatherspoons fridays nights and Donner Kebab wear. The fact that you can get them for knock down most places is not doing there rep much good either.

Jap denim are the jeans to be seen in so to speak atm. Out of interested have the jeans got a selvage (google it if your not sure what to look for)?

Some brand I would suggest are worth a look would be-

Nudie Jeans http://www.nudiejeans.com/start.php Come in loads of fits and wicked understated jeans. Retail at around £75-150. Not the best value though, although much cheaper in the EU than in the US for a change.

Edwin, best quality jeans around atm and my personal choice. I'll keep wearing them until some one I dont know says "nice jeans" if you know what I mean ;) . Sorry if I sound like a stuck up ******, I'm no trendy dude or anything just have my style and stick to it. Retail £80-130 and a bargain imo.

Levis Big E pre 1970 remakes. Nothing like the poor 501's you get in all the shops these days. Much better fit quality and better all round jeans. To tell these from your std jeans look for a Large (upper case) E on the levi tag on the back, a selvage, and rivets on the inside of the back pockets. Retail from £130+ ok value and quite had to find.

As a rule imo no jeans should be bought worn, all the wear should be done your self so dry denim only. No sand paper "cheating" either.

I know you didnt ask for jeans advice and I hope you happy with the ones you have got just though I would offer some advice.

ALSO....... Never wash you jeans, ever!

Caporegime
Spamalot said:
ALSO....... Never wash you jeans, ever!

Are you being serious? :o They wll stink. :confused:

I buy my jeans from next and topman for about £30. I spend my money on T-shirts and Rugby shirts. jeans look pretty much the same but I think T-shirts define you...

Soldato
Efour2 said:
because no one has their priorities right anymore, its alright you are young you will understand one day. Its not your fault really, but its upto you to fix it.
:rolleyes: ok. Maybe when you grow up you'll be less ignorant. How many pair of jeans do you own? What size car do you drive. I'm sure you PC is much worse for global worming than a pair of jeans. Its almost good to spend £300 on some jeans, leaves less money to send on harmfull things.

Soldato
Amp34 said:
Are you being serious? :o They wll stink. :confused:

I buy my jeans from next and topman for about £30. I spend my money on T-shirts and Rugby shirts. jeans look pretty much the same but I think T-shirts define you...
Nope, never wash them if they smell hang them out to air or use the italian shower if its really bad. Thats where you go wrong, start at the bottem....... start at the toes and work your way up to the neck works for many things. My order would be, tranniners then jeans then shirts.

Caporegime
Spamalot said:
Nope, never wash them if they smell hang them out to air or use the italian shower if its really bad. Thats where you go wrong, start at the bottem....... start at the toes and work your way up to the neck works for many things. My order would be, tranniners then jeans then shirts.

Interesting idea. :)

How many people you know lookdown at peoples legs and feet when they meet? :p Not any, you look at their face and top half so it definately starts with Top, then goes trainers/shoes as they can be very different, then trousers/jeans as other than being ripped or of a slightly different blue and slightly different style they are all pretty much the same. :D

A5H

A5H

Permabanned
Why not just google it?
My first result gave me the answer.
Or was it just a thinly veiled 'look at me I have an expensive thing' thread?

Caporegime
Spamalot said:
:rolleyes: ok. Maybe when you grow up you'll be less ignorant. How many pair of jeans do you own? What size car do you drive. I'm sure you PC is much worse for global worming than a pair of jeans. Its almost good to spend £300 on some jeans, leaves less money to send on harmfull things.

i own 1 pair of jeans personaly I dont wear them. £300 quid could buy a decent suit not just 1 item of "labeled" clothing deemed to be "cool"

I dont drive, I dont need to, I live in a city with excellent public transport.

Global warming ? Try mortgage and not living out of your daddies pockets and overdraft at Uni.

Ask yourself why you need a pair of jeans for £300 quid when you can get a pair for 40 quid or less? Then one day as i said you will grow up. and be less ignorant.. I spose Fashion doesn't really count. Only person that is ripped off is you, the only person that thinks wow hes wearing 300 quid jeans hes cool, is another victim.

Maybe you should change your mating technique, get a big pouch sewn into your neck you can inflate to impress the ladies. Or failing that stop trying to fit into the Rowers and Cambridge crew and spend 300 quid on a personality implant to give you fake confidence that your 300 quid jeans give you.

Its funny cos its true. I know i went to Oxford

Last edited:
Caporegime
Matt-Page said:
Jesus Christ! £90 for some jeans!

Your off your head mate. Do they make your willy look bigger or something? I'll take 7 pairs please! :D

Seriously though, how much do you spend on socks? £40?!?

some of us do work for a living you know and arent on benefits

i wouldnt buy a pair of jeans for less than £40, my average pairs cost between £60-£100

Permabanned
I reckon that a decent pair of £80-£100 jeans will outlast a cheap pair by quite some time, so in the long run it probably works out cheaper.

Don
OP
A5H said:
Why not just google it?
My first result gave me the answer.
Or was it just a thinly veiled 'look at me I have an expensive thing' thread?

not what I would expect to find on google

re your other comment, when I asked the question I didn't mention the make or price so obviously you are incorrect

the day I shout "ooh I have a 100 quid pair of jeans is the day I give up talking to anyone"

Soldato
Efour2 said:
i own 1 pair of jeans personaly I dont wear them. £300 quid could buy a decent suit not just 1 item of "labeled" clothing deemed to be "cool"

I dont drive, I dont need to, I live in a city with excellent public transport.

Global warming ? Try mortgage and not living out of your daddies pockets and overdraft at Uni.

Ask yourself why you need a pair of jeans for £300 quid when you can get a pair for 40 quid or less? Then one day as i said you will grow up. and be less ignorant.. I spose Fashion doesn't really count. Only person that is ripped off is you, the only person that thinks wow hes wearing 300 quid jeans hes cool, is another victim.

Maybe you should change your mating technique, get a big pouch sewn into your neck you can inflate to impress the ladies. Or failing that stop trying to fit into the Rowers and Cambridge crew and spend 300 quid on a personality implant to give you fake confidence that your 300 quid jeans give you.

Its funny cos its true. I know i went to Oxford
I have never bought a pair of jeans for £300 but if someone wants to then thats upto them. I'm a student and I got to Swansea not Cambridge. I don’t have hand outs from anyone thanks very much, inc my folks. If you bitter then that’s your problem. I would think also before you go around bring people parents in to what has dissented into a slating match (thanks for that). I'd also like to add that my g/f has a first from Cambridge and is now studying to become a solicitor, shes beautiful (realy stunning in anyones book) and wouldn’t know a pair of "designer" or "cool" jeans if they hit her on the head. I don’t wear cool clothes, I wear clothes I like and avoid cool cloches as its off putting seeing some of the people that wear them because they thing its good to wear a price tag. Although some/most of my clothes are expensive I buy them because I like them and normally don’t look at the price, its not important, I do very well for money for a "poor" student and as you say I'm young.

Soldato
lol at this thread.

£40 Billabong/YSL or whatever the **** jeans do me. I ride them on the bike and they get replaced pretty quick.

My dad used to go for designer names.....wont find him doing that anymore because in his opinion the stuff doesnt last.

As long as it looks good its fine.....my mate jumps about in trackies and his dads a millionaire ffs. :rolleyes:

Permabanned
Matt-Page said:
Jesus Christ! £90 for some jeans!

Your off your head mate. Do they make your willy look bigger or something? I'll take 7 pairs please! :D

Seriously though, how much do you spend on socks? £40?!?

i have some willy esco/DUNS jeans (appropriate name...) that make mine look MASSIVE...to the point where I've had people staring before :/

blatant false advertising but hey, twenty quid from tk maxx. I aint complaining.

rotty. have you turned into one of them metrosexuals...?

*n

Back
Top Bottom