Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L USM IS

Deleted member 11679

D

Deleted member 11679

If you can hang on until the end of August Spie I will be able to fill you in on all the details of the 300 F/4 as I'll have one by then...but likely not, so, if you do get one make sure you post some samples up here please :cool:

Associate
As quoted the 300mm f/2.8L is away by far the best lens at this focal length.

Also there is no other lens that will retain picture quality like this particular lens when using both the 1.4x and the 2x converter. ;)

Just a word of warning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you do take up Dreeders offer of the loan of his lens be prepared to spend some money, After using this lens you WILL want one. There is no substitute. ;)

I can speak from experience as I have this lens along with its bigger brother the 500mm f.4L IS.

If you decide to take a cheaper option then look at the 400mm f/5.6. No IS but not a problem IMO. Around £700 from kerso.

One of my sample shots using the 2x converter making 600mm.

squirrel-bokeh.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
The 300 F2.8 does start to become quite heavy after handholding it for 30mins+; a monopod is pretty much essential.

Soldato
If you dont mind not having IS or not having a white lens, then take a look at the Sigma 120-300 2.8. Available for far less money than the Canon 300 2.8, and the zoom range makes it incredibly versatile. :)

Back
Top Bottom