Being naturally thin

Soldato
OP
I think the reason I can't understand me not putting on weight is because I see all these shows that say if I eat rubbish I will get fat, and I just don't; so I guess it's down to a bit of false education.

After looking at what some people in here eat I've realised I really don't eat that much but I do eat the wrong things.

Wow...I've gotta get my act together :eek: btw I go xc biking and DH every now and then.

Soldato
When you're young, all the carp you eat goes into this existential alternative parallel universe cupboard thing, then when you get to somewhere in your thirties - the exact age varies - all those extra calories suddenly come back and you get all flabby and fat.

Can't be avoided; basic fact of life.

Associate
I find it hard to imagine how people over 6' weigh so little. I weigh 12.5 stone and that is a little under average for my height of 6'1". I climb a lot and play a lot of hockey but im not massive. Im muscular but not big. How much more than fat does muscle weigh.

I guess I see a fair few guys at uni that have no muscle on them at all.

Soldato
Some people do find it difficult to gain weight. A mate of mine who was 10st dead and 6 feet tall started wait training and put on about half a stone in a little over a month. At this stage he said he'd never felt better.

However, a month or so later he was back to 10st again! When I asked what had gone wrong, he replied that he got fet up having to force himself to eat when he just wasn't hungry and that was why he gave up!

Caporegime
Drawoh Tesremos said:
Some people here have said you'll naturally put on weight after reaching a certain age. That hasn't happened with me, and I'm a lot older than most people here. I've been thin (often called skinny, but I'd rather settle for slim), for my entire life. I've been just under 10 st for almost my entire adult life, and have always eaten well. Many times I've been envied by people with whom I've been in restaurants and on holidays when they've seen what I've put away.

Only once ever did I manage to creep above 10 st, and that was when I deliberately drank an extra pint of mike a day for many months. I reached 10.5st then, but it the side effect that I couldn't go on any car journey without having to make frequent stops at service stations, so I cut down on the milk, and quickly dropped back to under 10st.

how tall are you?
personally i am struggling to think of an adult male under 10st being 'healthy' looking.

also, i have always heard man milk was high in protein, but is Mike's a special brand? ;]

Associate
I am 6', 10 stone 10...

Much thinner than I'd like to be, hence going to the gym and eating loads recently, but to be honest I think that I am naturally this build and without concerted effort, I will always come back to this size. I obviously have very thin bones (never broken one, so must be pretty solid), but I have muscle (and fat).

Actually I was getting a little bit ****** off that I was going to the gym, eating heavily and not drinking too much, but hadn't seen more than a couple of pounds of weight gain. Then I noticed I wasn't fat any more :p

Soldato
marl said:
Some people do find it difficult to gain weight. A mate of mine who was 10st dead and 6 feet tall started wait training and put on about half a stone in a little over a month. At this stage he said he'd never felt better.

However, a month or so later he was back to 10st again! When I asked what had gone wrong, he replied that he got fet up having to force himself to eat when he just wasn't hungry and that was why he gave up!

Tell your friend MTA says you're a big girl!! :D

It takes a while to adjust to the new eating regime but once its habit its no harder than eating at the 10st level.

Still, if he's happy being a 10st weakling then thats fine but i certainly wasn't!! ;)

Associate
Well I am 6ft and only 10 stone, but mine is medical based, and btw the more you eat doesnt always mean you will get fat lol..... I am a diabetic, normally Diabetics are the opposite to me, always fighting the weight put on. If I eat too much I reverse this, I actually push my blood sugar too high, push myself into dehydration, I drink more too push the excese sugar out my system.

I have always been thin anyway, and its my own fault because I dont look after myself particulary well, but being thin hasnt really ever bothered me. Never really bothered the lasses I went out with either, lol....

Soldato
*Not taking into account medical conditions*

If you eat right, eat enough, at the right times and keep it up you'll put on weight.

Train hard with a good diet and you skinny boys and gals can all gain weight and get bigger.

For those of you who say you cannot put on weight, why not each post a typical days eating for you? Don't lie and add things in or what not but post what you've eaten at what time and how much of it you ate. Then we can seperate the boys from the men :p

Back
Top Bottom