Player of the Month award shared.

Soldato
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx...=Spurs+duo+share+award&channel=football_home&

Tottenham strikers Dimitar Berbatov and Robbie Keane have been named as the joint winners of the Barclays Player of the Month award for April.

The duo enjoyed a successful month scoring eight goals in five games between them.

Berbatov scored twice against Wigan and Middlesbrough, while Republic of Ireland international Keane netted six goals.

The Spurs pair are the first players to share the award since Arsenal's Dennis Bergkamp and Edu could not be separated in February 2004.

The news is a boost for the pair ahead of Monday's clash with Charlton.

:cool:

Soldato
Berbatov is something else, spurs better hope he goes through a bad spell I can't see him staying long at spurs if the top clubs want him, and why wouldn't they?

Soldato
OP
As I've said before I think there's only Chelsea who can afford him right now and I think the russian is getting a little bored of the returns for all his millions. The mickey mouse cup as all the "big clubs" call it is hardly worth £300m+ is it? :D

Soldato
OP
gumbald said:
Off topic, who do you want to see come in this summer then? :)
A lot of players we've got little chance of getting lol! ;)

Bridge and Robben, maybe even Makelele to add some steel and experience. This was blatantly missing in our cup exits to Sevilla, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Parker and Dyer? Maybe, though Parker has turned us down twice so maybe I don't want to see a player like that at WHL... Dyer is on £80k a week, no way spurs will pay that as it's double what Keane earns and he's our top earner.

SWP? Seems to have got his foot in the door at Chelsea now though.

I can't see us getting any of those. We need a CM who can tackle and cover Zokora if he gets injured. We need a LM so much it's not funny and we also need a LB and a CB as cover for King.

There are loads of quality players in europe but I'm sick of us buying these players and having to wait a season for them to get used to the Premiership, so this summer I only want Prem proven players arriving at WHL. We have to crack that Top 4 now or we'll miss the boat and end up way too far behind.

Soldato
Chong Warrior said:
Lots of good stuff :)

Agree pretty much completely there, have to prioritise the left winger though. We have got cover for just about everywhere else, but can't do any damage to increase the quality overall.

We need another Davids, but slightly younger. His initial influence was brilliant, but wasn't managing to get in the team every week which didn't help much.

Be good to see someone like Barnes, Baines or Bale arrive for the future.

Could do another Chimbonda and steal someone like Shorey :)

Soldato
What a stunning goal, IMHO I reckon Berbatov has the best first touch in football period. His first touch is always class and he can rip a defence apart just by his first touch.

Soldato
Berbatov is class and has proven that he can play in the Premiership. With Carrick worth £18.6mil and Sheva worth £30, I reckon Berbatov is worth £40mil. That means only Chelsea could possibly afford him.

I'd hate to see him go. Hopefully we'll get another season from him.

Soldato
OP
Jol: Berbatov's so happy

Dimitar Berbatov has reassured Martin Jol that he is happy to stay at Tottenham Hotspur.

Following an excellent first season in English football, the Bulgarian striker has been heavily linked with a summer move to newly-crowned champions Manchester United.

Spurs boss Jol revealed last week that he was confident Berbatov was happy at White Hart Lane and that he is under no pressure to sell.

And, after watching Berbatov score his 22nd goal of the campaign against Charlton Athletic on Monday, Jol confirmed further talks had soothed any fresh worries.

"Berbatov is very happy at our club," Jol told Sky Sports 1.

"I had a word with him yesterday and he said he is so happy here.

"The crowd and the supporters are always positive and he said 'what more do I want?'

"I said 'yeah' because I'm always happy when my players are happy."

Berbatov was a £10.9million signing from Bayer Leverkusen last summer and has quickly made an impact in the Premiership.

He was named in the PFA Team of the Year and Jol feels the 26-year-old is among the best buys of the campaign.

When asked if Berbatov was the signing of the season, Jol added: "Could be, could be. For us, he's excellent quality."
skysports

Soldato
cant see anybody forking out the cash for him tbh... man utd, arsenal, liverpool, chelsea... only clubs that can afford... out of that theres only really liverpool that needs strikers... - he'd probly go abroard if anything...

Associate
I would LOVE berba to come to man utd. But i dont think spurs will sell, especially now they've found that him and keane compliment each other very well. I think it would take 25mil to get berba but i still think it would be money very well spent. Apart from him i would love tevez at man utd. The things he has done at west ham last few months has been amazing. The way he controlled last weekends game was immense. He is the type of player that can change a game completely.

Soldato
OP
This figure of £25m is what all the Man Utd fans were saying in the pub over the weekend, balloons that they are! Also seems a popular figure on internet forums, I'm just interested in how you guys arrive at this?

Why would Spurs sell him for £25m? We have tons of money, we haven't even touched the £18.6m you gave us for Carrick yet, or the millions upon millions we got from Mansion's uber generous deal thanks to being angry at your lot for turning them down at the last minute. Oh and there's the new Puma shirt deal we just got that's worth millions aswell that we haven't touched either.

Could you buy Drogba for £25m? Rooney? Ronaldo? All top scorers at finacially stable clubs.

So Spurs are trying to crack the Top 4 and have more money to spend than anyone but Chelsea... so again I ask you why would we sell our star player for a paltry £25m?? Yes I said paltry because that's what it is compared to the millions we could make by finishing 4th next season, something we have a chance of doing if we keep Berbatov, King, Keane, Lennon, Chimbo, Zokora and add to the squad aswell :)

Only thing that would make me sweat is if Chelsea decide they want him no matter what, then we're in trouble as silly money gets offered, £35m? £40m? :eek: :(

So take your derisory offer and....

Back
Top Bottom