• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Soldering a 6800GT

Associate
Hey guys,

I've pulled one of the conductors off of my GT and wondering if your local PC shop would be able to fix it, as if I can spend £5, £10 or even £15 and get it fixed it would be a lot cheaper putting it in my other rig than buying a brand new card.

Cheers.

Soldato
Conductors? Where abouts? Do you mean the copper connector on the card that fits into the slot? Or a capacitor? And i doubt that a PC shop would give it a go, at least, not the ones that i know of. Perhaps a TV repair shop or something similar.

Associate
Power connector perhaps - if it is, that's pretty easy to fix if you know how to solder. They're pretty chunky though - how did that happen?

Soldato
Sometimes the card doesn't stop working after a capacitor comes off. I have seen many cases were peoples cards still work fine even if a capacitor comes off.

Back
Top Bottom