• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Threaded Optimisation

Associate
I hear this can enhance performance in Nvidia cards if you have a dual core CPU

However I cant see it in my control pannel. I am using the 93.71 drivers.
I have a Geforce 6800, do you need a 7 series card for this?

Associate
I think it's a setting that's not in the user's hands eg. Nvidia decided it always improves things so didn't have an option to turn it off. There may be Registry settings to turn it off.

No idea how you could test it though. Perhaps run 3DMark, but set the affinity so that it doesn't run on both cores. That may affect the driver's use of the cores too. Have Task Manager open, and check out the activity of the cpus. One should be fully loaded, the other will have significant load.

Soldato
I think it's just for the 8xxx series actually. I know I have the option in the CP for it, I have it turned on. I did not notice it when I had my old 7800GTX. I don't know if perhaps the latest drivers along with a modded inf will allow the option to appear. :confused:

Soldato
im using a 7600GT and 93.71 drivers, the option is there

i take it you have set it to 'use classic control panel', if so make sure on performance and quality settings the view is set to 'advanced settings'. its at the bottom of that list below negative LOD bias

Associate
Where is it? I'll take a look. I've got Coolbits2 on, so all the hidden pages are there.

Edit:
Lol!
Yeah, I got it. Set to Auto. Time for some experiments.

Last edited:
Soldato
I remember turning it on when I was using 97.92s, but it seems to be missing from the 165.01 drivers I'm using now.

mrk said:
GRRR ANOTHER THING NOT WORKING NVIDIA!!!
It's not like they claim it as a feature, it's just something that appeared in the cp.

Last edited:
Soldato
I know atleast one game that goes belly up with this setting turned on with a dual core cpu. Of course that game is on an 8 year old engine soo... :p

I keep mine off just in case :)

Back
Top Bottom