A-level revision?

Associate
How's it going for you all?

I seriously need to cram loads of Information in the next few weeks for my English exams, I know hardly any terminology when it comes to text analysis.

Soldato
Good input Sky,

I liked my a-level exams as I had did so much revision over the entire year I nailed most of them.

But english is one of those exams you can blag unlike maths and stuff.

KaHn

Associate
im at uni living alone...i suck as a student ive got an exam this afternoon which i revised for but just cos i passed doesnt mean im gonna pass..

my revision goes like this..start reading then after like 45min-1hr stop go on overclockers forums for like 10 minutes check facebook etc. etc. then another 30min to 45min then the same process...thing is when i actually concentrate i can understand the stuff im doing and i work pretty quickly but i cant concentrate for vast amounts of time unfortunatly..

Associate
OP
KaHn: I think you're right to an extent with English, but it all depends on whether you want to pass or pass with a high grade (sorry to state the obvious). :p

I wish I had revised consistently over the year. :o :(

Associate
I made revision notes throughout the year after each class (or batch did them at the weekends). I now have good small concise revision notes for the exams that start on the 16th!

Saying that I have fallen behind in History.

I recommend you use Microsoft OneNote. Absolutely brilliant for this type of stuff. I hate having papers everywhere and like using a mixture of font sizes and colour (red to emphasise a number point) etc.

Good luck :)

Soldato
Revising like mad for biology and geography, chemistry's taking a back burner as due to my rubbish time management skills I don't have time to revise for it as I always get carried away with the other two :(

WHY didn't I take a subject that doesn't have a definate answer like philosophy or something :(

Soldato
The only A Level I revised for was Business Studies.
I didn't do it at GCSE level, so it was all new to me.
After AS year I was on a a fairly low D in it, but I really wanted a C at least.
In the A Level year I revised for the exam in January and 2 exams in June and I managed to nail them, without looking at my certificates I'm sure I got a B, B, C which I come out with a high C overall.
Passed my other A Levels without any revision, but for subjects your "worried" about, revision is well worth it as I am sure you have been told by many people :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom