LG 22"

Associate
Just wondered if any of you have or have had this monitor: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-045-LG&groupid=17&catid=510&subcat=

Is it any good? The specs look very good, although the price is a bit concerning as most things of that sped are arouind "£280+ If anyone has this already and could give a short summory of what you think of it that would be great. Also if any of you find and reviews on this please post the link as that would also be very helpful.

Soldato
for the price and the size it looks pretty good, im ordering mine asa my money goes in, for the 3000:1 contrast ratio its pretty damn nice.

Soldato
Got one last month, very pleased with it so far.

To be honest though I've not had a lot of time to mess with the settings much on it due to me moving house, I've only just got my office setup this week.

Is there anything in specific you'd like to know?

Soldato
With regards to IQ or response time?

I've not noticed any ghosting in games, I've only really had a go in TDU and Stalker but still nothing that I'd worry too much about.

IQ wise, it's good. The black levels are good, and brightness/contrast levels are more than adequate.
I've had a go with the forteManger software (same deal as magic tune for Samsungs), and it's good. Which is more than I thought of the Samsung equivalent ;)

As far as I can tell, enabling the fEngine setting will kick in the dynamic contrast engine. Using the OSD you can switch between profiles for it, and it splits the screen so you can see the difference which is good. The software makes it much easier to tweak to your own preference though.

There seems to be a couple of different model numbers kicking about, the L226WT and the L226WTQ. I'm not sure if there is a difference, some are saying the former is 5ms and the latter is 2ms. They're the same panel though, and both are quoted as G2G, so I doubt there's any difference, even if they're not the same model. It might just be colour, mine is silver with a black stand. I think there's an all black version kicking about too in addition to the one shown on OcUK.

At the end of the day, I paid £190 delivered for mine in early April and compared to ~£250+ for the Samsung 226BW - I think it's a better deal personally.

There was a massive thread over at the Hard forums about this panel if you want to dig around for it.

Associate
Personally my experience with the slightly older model (L226WT) is not good, as it had terrible backlight bleed. But I gather that there was a bad batch of them, so it's unlikely you'll have the same problem. Other than that it's a great panel at a great price.

Back
Top Bottom