Xbox 360 and headphones

Permabanned
colinuk said:
Is it possable to plug any headphones into an Xbox 360 or do you need microsoft only products for it...?

ty

If you have it connected via optical to an amp you can use whatever headphones you want connected to the amp.

I'm not really sure what other headphone options there are for the 360 though, so maybe someone else can give you some info! :)

Paul

you could get an adapter to put the left and right into at one end and the headphones at the other. But you would have no volume control

Really you need to connect it to an amp or a stereo and then hook the headphones up to that.

(I'm assuming you are not talking about mic/headsets)

Associate
I bought a set of Sharkoon X-Tatic 5.1 headphones for my xbox - comes with a little Dolby Digital breakout box which you connect via optical to the Xbox360.

This has the advantage of having a mic on the headset as well (which is a bit of a problem with the xbox360) so you get 5.1 surround in the headphones, breakout box and mic for about £60 or so.

Sadly, there is only 1 supplier in the UK that stocks them that I know of and it's not OcUK.

A bit of googling will find it though.

Cheers,
EF

Soldato
I got a double stereo to single-plug adaptor from a high-street electronics store (I don't think I can link to it) - I plug both optical out thingies into that. I also got a gold-plated female-female stereo adaptor from the same store and plug my headphones into that. My headphones have a volume control on them. Each adaptor cost me about £1.79 and it works just fine :)

I can even plug my PC speakers into that one plug and have decent sound - makes swapping between the two very easy.

Back
Top Bottom