Wife Slipped in a Shop, What to do?

Soldato
Just looking for some advice,

This morning my wife was in the local newsagents at 08:30, the floor was wet, a guy had just been mopping the floor, there was one "slippery surface" sign facing the opposite direction, she went flying and landed on her elbow.

A visit to the local hospital reveals she has a fractured elbow, and is quite obviously in a lot of pain.

Now, can she do anything about it? - Never really been in a situation like this before so if anyone can offer any advice, I would be very greatful.

Thanks!

Soldato
Well you could take it on the chin [or the elbow :p] and accept that accidents can and do happen... or you can be a cry baby and try and get as much compensation out of them as possible.

Up to you really.

Associate
a) Put it down as one of those things, accept that people make mistakes and move on with your lives.

or

b) Sue them in to oblivion and jump on the no win no fee bandwagon

Associate
CiaoBelo said:
a) Put it down as one of those things, accept that people make mistakes and move on with your lives.

or

b) Sue them in to oblivion and jump on the no win no fee bandwagon

Thats what I was going to say, option B would mean ruining someone's life and livelihood and closing down a local business which a lot of people will miss. I would take it on the chin as one of those things personally.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Speak to one of the Ambulance chasers, you will get nothing but self-righteous posturing and maybe a patronising telling-off from here.

lofz said:
Thats what I was going to say, option B would mean ruining someone's life and livelihood and closing down a local business which a lot of people will miss. I would take it on the chin as one of those things personally.
Not really, businesses are insured against this type of this. It will be nothing more than a minor inconvenience.

Soldato
Just to play devils advocate for a sec... Is your wife going to:
a) Suffer permanent injury
b) Lose significant earnings
c) Incur lots of cost for some other reason

Sounds like she has hurt herself and picked up a fracture that might get her a couple of weeks paid sick leave and then get back to her life. If so then I would say grin and bear it. If it's one of the other three then maybe call one of them no win no fee people and see what they say.

Back
Top Bottom