• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X2900XT Issues

Soldato
Tom|Nbk will be back here soon, he's just reported to LoadsaMoney and myself that his new 2900XT won't get into Windows XP without freezing on him every time. :(

Tom|Nbk said:
Tom... says:
wont boot
Tom... says:
well it does
Tom... says:
but when xp is loading it freezes everytime
Tom... says:
even clocked back to stock
Tom... says:
probs drivers or sommit
Tom... says:
doubt its power the psu is cool as **** and the volt levels are all fine
Anyone have any ideas of what would cause this? Would be nice for him to have some things to try as soon as he gets back that might solve the problem right away.

Last edited:
Associate
On my Bad Axe the drivers from AMD website caused the ethernet port to stop working. Drivers from the disc fixed this, I think they include some extra components that the web ones do not, something to do with HDMI maybe.

Soldato
CS||nuTs said:
6 months late in getting the thing out! You think they would have had plenty of time to work on the drivers really.
Bit more than six months though, it was originally slated as an October-November release. :eek:

Caporegime
Plenty of time, you have to remember its taken Nvidia 6 months to do decent drivers, the beta 158.22's which boost the performance etc.. were only released on the 2nd May, so ATi's only behind by 2x weeks in the performance stakes, but 6 months behind in card terms. :)

Soldato
He has been having issues with his card over his old x1900xtx.Almost the same performance in some game demo's.Think he has it licked now though

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
Plenty of time, you have to remember its taken Nvidia 6 months to do decent drivers, the beta's 158.22's which boost the performance etc.. were only released on the 2nd May, so ATi's only behind by 2x weeks in the peroframnce stakes, but 6 months behind in card terms. :)

So you are saying ATI had no drivers at all to release with it for its original 06 release date?

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
Plenty of time, you have to remember its taken Nvidia 6 months to do decent drivers, the beta 158.22's which boost the performance etc.. were only released on the 2nd May, so ATi's only behind by 2x weeks in the performance stakes, but 6 months behind in card terms. :)
Nvidia haven't done any good drivers since 8800 Series launched purely because of no competition. Now that AMD/ATI actually have a card out, I think that Nvidia drivers will start flying out of the door with just as much quality as ATI drivers. :)

CS||nuTs said:
He has been having issues with his card over his old x1900xtx.Almost the same performance in some game demo's.Think he has it licked now though
Ouch. I'm hearing a lot of reports like this to be honest, AMD dropped the ball here.

Back
Top Bottom