New Macbooks

• Thread starter Deleted member 329
  • Start date
Associate
V For Vendetta said:
IMHO apple need to bring out a MAC midi which is double the size of the Mini, the extra space should be used for a High end mobile GFX card, express card slot, FW800 and esata ports plus a HDMI

Thats because most of apples customers are not tech clever, they simply want something that works, just like with this new macbook update.

Steve could have said we give u Intel Santa Rosa!

and most people would have said "what that"

But instead Steve says we give u a faster chip more HD space to store your crap holiday photos and a 50 price drop

And most people go woohoo I love u stevie :D

The fact is if apple created a machine like the one above u wouldnt need anything else in your home for Music Video Games or general Computer Use, which would cost apple more money in the long run, its such a shame :(

Man of Honour
V For Vendetta said:
Thats because most of apples customers are not tech clever, they simply want something that works, just like with this new macbook update.

Steve could have said we give u Intel Santa Rosa!

and most people would have said "what that"

But instead Steve says we give u a faster chip more HD space to store your crap holiday photos and a 50 price drop

And most people go woohoo I love u stevie :D

The fact is if apple created a machine like the one above u wouldnt need anything else in your home for Music Video Games or general Computer Use, which would cost apple more money in the long run, its such a shame :(

true, true, but not too many people overall are buying a computer to connecto to their TV, there are plenty of media centers around from big names like sony but they haven't really cracked the living room market yet.

What you're describing is simialr to the mac mini in form factor along, mobile graphics would fit into it easily, they don't because it's really cheap to use intel onboard graphics.

firewire 800 and esata are likewise expensive additions and how many people would use an expresscard (not that i disagree at all with the idea, regardless of 75% of people not needing it I'd like to see some expandability).

HDMI I'm a little curious about, just use a DVI to HDMI cable surely? I haven't tried it myself yet but I'm sure it'd work...

On the general point, for some people such a machine would satisfy all their computing needs. But for others (myself for instance) I need to have a laptop for travelling and I prefer the flexibility of a laptop even at home, so apple tv would be perfect if they'd just give it all the features it ought to have already and give it a composite out as well as component and hdmi....ah well.

Also I think apple might be playing a clever game in realising that not everybody wants a computer in their living room and an 'appliance' is more marketable.

So, I guess I wouldn't mind if apple would make a machine like that, but I doubt it's part of their plans because it doesn't fit in and it'd be a relatively small market for it.

Associate
what do you think about the bump in speed etc i was thinking about getting a laptop for uni and thought about the macbook because i can get it for £650 with educational discount. Seems lilke a good deal but looking around people seem to be a bit miffed because they wanted more of an update like santa rosa and a dvd rewriter and better gpu. Whats your guys thoughts on this? is it worth buying the entry level macbook, does the intel gpu matter? And when would the next revision be of the macbooks

Associate
I think steve needs to have a think about where apple go next, last year he gave all apple users the ability to Run Windows, 1 machine, 2 OS's.

The fact windows can be run on any intel mac, is the main reason apples market share has increased.

Apples on site options now look alittle old hat, for example if you buy an iMac 24" you can have the choice of either of a 7300GT or a 7600GT apple need to get with it and offer the like of the high end cards as a third and forth option

Associate
WotDa said:
Motion sensor, for some reason, anyone?

This is in the macbook too. It's for if you drop your laptop or something. It locks the hard drive so it isn't writing and therefore corrupt your data. Quite nifty if you're a fan of dropping your laptop! ;)

Soldato
JonB said:
sux to be a black*

*macbook owner

Not really, look at the thing. Phwroar. :p

Thanks AJUK, I knew about the Lightsaber aspect, but not iAlertU. Could have some fun with that. :D

Also thanks to JonB, I knew it did something with the drive but didn't know the details, looks like I can drop away if I feel like have a mangled case. ;)

Also, as Hornchurch said, sit down and put up with your white MagSafe. :)

Soldato
V For Vendetta said:
wouldnt it be cool if IalertU talked instead?

"Oi put me down yer thiefing ****"

"This is not your Notebook yer ****"

not really, if you're out the room an alarm is obvious, voices aren't.

I'm happy with loud ass alarm, a picture emailed to me and a time. :)

Back
Top Bottom