New SFF PC

Associate
Hello fellow SFFers

I have just built myself a desktop PC, but due to moving to a new house, there isnt going to be enough room for me to have a big desk with my desktop PC on it in the living room out of the reach of the little nipper who has now learnt to crawl.

My brother is going to buy my desktop from me for the price I paid to build it (£900) so that I can replace it with something smaller. This is where you guys come in. I am new to the SFF scene, and although I have considered it in the past, I have never actually made those considerations a reality.

I am after a gaming style machine that doesnt take up too much space. Ideally I would like an 8800GTS in it, but this isnt essential going on the size of the thing, and the size of the cube.

So can you guys point me in the direction of some decent parts for the new machine like a decent case, motherboard and PSU? If I am going to get a 8800 into the cube then I will need a decent size PSU, and can these be found in the smaller size?

Also, whats the best way to cool a SFF machine compared to a desktop because of the difference in case size?

I have been looking at cases, and like the Aerocool Cube M40 but it isnt available yet, anyone able to provide comments?

Associate
Silverstone Sugo case , Enermax or corsair 500w or higher modular power supply.

Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R mobo (should be available in the next few weeks)
What ever graphics card u want :)

Soldato
9761 said:
I didnt think a 2 slotted gfx card would fit in a shuttle?

They only fit in the P-type chassis as they have the pci/pci-e slots on the opposite side to normal

though in theory they should fit in every shuttle........with a hint of modding :)

Associate
cokecan72 said:
They only fit in the P-type chassis as they have the pci/pci-e slots on the opposite side to normal

though in theory they should fit in every shuttle........with a hint of modding :)

yeah in his case take a saw to it ;)

Soldato
nowt wrong with a bit of modding :) lol ask steeps.....

Shuttles are made to be modded, especially the G type chassis (and all versions of them). just so easy to mod and you get awesome results

Back
Top Bottom