New Macbooks

• Thread starter Deleted member 329
  • Start date

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
Looks a nice update to the Macbooks, although no Santa Rosa.

My advice to people who are waiting is this; Wait until January and buy then. That way, you will get Leopard as standard, penryn processors, LED backlight monitors and you would have heard any announcements from any January Macworld expo :)

Man of Honour
EVH said:
Looks a nice update to the Macbooks, although no Santa Rosa.

My advice to people who are waiting is this; Wait until January and buy then. That way, you will get Leopard as standard, penryn processors, LED backlight monitors and you would have heard any announcements from any January Macworld expo :)
Dude that's like 3/4 of a year....I'm a fan of waiting but that's extreme :D

Deleted member 329

D

Deleted member 329

OP
yeah it seem like a real good update tbh :)

although i think the next mac i will be buying should have touch screen, that would make me happy.
since my macbook is covered until 2010.. i really hope they get there act togeather with that!

Associate
EVH said:

why not wait 3 years and get an octo core 500g laptop

the only reason its worth waiting now is because the new ones will be out in June-ish, otherwise you'll sit around waiting for next gen hardware your whole life.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
chex said:
why not wait 3 years and get an octo core 500g laptop

the only reason its worth waiting now is because the new ones will be out in June-ish, otherwise you'll sit around waiting for next gen hardware your whole life.
Yeah I know, which is why I'm keeping my 17" MBP and buying a new one early next year :)

I agree waiting is foolish, but if people don't consider this a big enough step up then they will wait.

I was merely saying if they wanted to wait, then why not wait until the next new processor and Leopard are standard (Jan 2008).

After all, I have been waiting to buy a tricked-out Mac Pro since December 06, and won't be buying mine until Leopard is out for a good 2 months purely because I know Apple will just release a slightly-better one a month down the line in June at WWDC (if I bought now).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom