OcUK great deal on LG 226WTQ & LG L245WP - Great Prices !!

Associate
Any idea how much the 245T will be priced at? You mention the BenQ, but the 244T is still hugely overpriced, so will the 245T go for a similar figure?

OcUK Staff
OP
Marmotta said:
Any idea how much the 245T will be priced at? You mention the BenQ, but the 244T is still hugely overpriced, so will the 245T go for a similar figure?

Hi there

We have a direct relationship with Samsung so am sure we can get them to give us the 245T at a competitive price like they have done with the 245B. :)

Soldato
Gibbo said:
Hi there

We have a direct relationship with Samsung so am sure we can get them to give us the 245T at a competitive price like they have done with the 245B. :)

When's it being released as it either this or a Dell when I get back off hols

Associate
Sinny said:
Just ordered mine for a fantastic price £205 inc next day delivery, im very very pleased with the price of this, im twidling my thumbs waiting for it tommorow, as i stare at my 10 year old Ollvetti Monitor as it sqeals, bout damn time i got a new one.

<3 OCuK

Please tell us what you think of the monitor, picture would be great :)

Soldato
LG L226WTQ 22" came about 1 hour ago, the spine connecting the monitor to the base took a bit of force to get it on but eventually it fit, and i can honestly say im lovin it!

Size is just perfect and il be getting some movies on it tonight.

Associate
Thanks for your thoughts on this Gibbo. Of course, I now am looking at the Samsung 245b. Any idea when these are likely to come into stock?
The 2407 is dropping off the radar as primarily I want a gaming LCD.

Associate
Does the LG 22" have HDCP?

Gibbo you think it's worth it over the Samsung 206BW or the Dell E207WFP?

I was originally only going for 20 to 21" widescreen monitor but this LG is cheaper than both of those and bigger, but I know bigger+same resolution = not so sharp image.

Any views?

OcUK Staff
OP
Tigjaw said:
Does the LG 22" have HDCP?

Gibbo you think it's worth it over the Samsung 206BW or the Dell E207WFP?

I was originally only going for 20 to 21" widescreen monitor but this LG is cheaper than both of those and bigger, but I know bigger+same resolution = not so sharp image.

Any views?

Hi there

If your gaming then bigger is better. Yes the smaller screens with same resolution give a sharper image, but do remember these are LG panels so are very sharp and crisp anyway.

Associate
It does have HDCP

I have heard a lot of talk about the 226WTQ having ghosting issues compared to the 226WT which is identical but for overdrive on the WTQ. The complaints about i saw were on ones sold in the US though, not sure if they have the same issues over here.

Anyone got on of these from ocuk and noticed any dodgy overdrive ghosting?

Associate
Gibbo said:
Hi there

If your gaming then bigger is better. Yes the smaller screens with same resolution give a sharper image, but do remember these are LG panels so are very sharp and crisp anyway.

Thanks Gibbo,

I just thought of one other issue, does this LG have 1:1 pixel mapping?

j0n

j0n

Associate
Was just about to order a LG L226WTQ but then spotted the native resolution and remembered that my pc spec is terrible. It would be fine in windows and for watching stuff etc but I wouldnt be able to run any games at anything near 1680x1050 so games would have to be downscaled and would then look terrible, no?
Would it be a waste of time getting this monitor?

Associate
FWIW I've got a pair of these L245WP and they are sweet as. Replaced Dell 24 and I prefer the image quite considerably. The Dell allways felt a little grainy at times and these are crystal clear :D.

They look darn nice as well

DSC00928.jpg

Associate
Not only is that setup sweet, but you got the same keyboard as me... damnit.

Guess i'll have to decide soon if i should get one of its 22" little brothers, but i really couldnt bear going from a perfect 15" crt to a ghosting lcd... anyone got one from ocuk in the last week that can vouch completely that there are no ghosting/overdrive problems?

Back
Top Bottom