Insurance woes.

Soldato
OP
barnettgs said:
Is that a group 5 or 6 insurance? Way too high to start your aim.

You have no choice but to buy a car with lowest insurance group as possible. Ford Ka for example, has group 2.

You can get bigger car in few years time after insurance comes down.

Like I said previously, even group 1/2 cars cost over 2k for me so I may aswell pay the extra few hundred and get something half decent.

Soldato
DanTheMan said:
Like I said previously, even group 1/2 cars cost over 2k for me so I may aswell pay the extra few hundred and get something half decent.

You must be doing something wrong then. How could a group 1/2 car possibly cost over 2k?

Either that or live in a very, very dodgy area.

Associate
You should phone up insurance companies rather than getting an online quote. MUCH cheaper I found. For my W reg Punto as a first car online quotes were around £1500 then Mum phoned up and we got it for £928. You can haggle aswell because they get paid based on sales I think or at least get some kind of bonus when they sell a policy so they did move on price. Also try putting your Excess up, mine is at around £800 I think so I'm screwed if I am in an accident but the price was cheaper.

Soldato
Have you done any quotes seperately (i.e not on moneysupermarket or confused.com) ? On my first year of looking for insurance i tryed both website and i found that i could get it cheaper by looking at all the different insurance companies alone:)

Soldato
Good grief, just put your details into moneysupermarket to start with and just look at some of these quotes:

untitled.jpg

Unbelievable or what!

Soldato
Bell.co.uk are quoting well for me at the moment. Just over £600 for my 2.0 Mondeo Estate. I just turned 20.

When I was 18 I paid £2200 for my Mondeo with Asda who use Norwich Union. My postcode isn't that great as some council estate also use a few miles away.

Associate
I am paying £1045 TPFT for my S Reg Saxo VTR @ 19 with 0 NCB & both my parents on the policy (Admiral) and they both have the max NCB. Removing both of them as named drivers resulted in the policy climbing up to £1470! I think after my 1st NCB it will drop to ~£600.

Unless your a chick the cost of insurance especially for a young driver is extremely high and you have to pretty much bite the bullet. A 1.0l AX was £790 for me to insure so it didn't really matter how slow the car was as insurers still quoted me nasty premiums.

Back
Top Bottom