wow on vista/xp

Suspended
a little while ago i got a dell computer with a pretty crappy ati graphics card and wow even with all the settings on low still got a terrible fps, that laptop had vista, i then put xp on the same laptop, and it ran fine.

so know i have ordered a pretty nice alienware laptop with a 256nvidea card, and i was wondering, will i still suffer the same problems since it has vista on it, or would it of been the graphics cards fault on the dell ?

does anyone know ?

Permabanned
I have xp sp 2 32bit on one partition and vista ultimate 64bit on the second partition of my raptor. Wow is installed through xp onto the vista partition in its own folder. Wow runs fine in both vista and xp despite not having installed it through vista :)

Soldato
Down1oader said:
I have xp sp 2 32bit on one partition and vista ultimate 64bit on the second partition of my raptor. Wow is installed through xp onto the vista partition in its own folder. Wow runs fine in both vista and xp despite not having installed it through vista :)

Wow is one of the few games that actually gives a better framerate in benchies with Vista than XP.

Soldato
Suspended
OP
hopefuly it was bad becuase of the crappy dell laptop, hopefuly the alienware one will run it better, cause i seriously had to turn down all the settings to low and still hardly broke 15fps

Associate
joemorris86 said:
hopefuly it was bad becuase of the crappy dell laptop, hopefuly the alienware one will run it better, cause i seriously had to turn down all the settings to low and still hardly broke 15fps

You know Dell own Alienware right ? ;)

Anyways, I play Wow on a Dell XPS m1710 @ 1920x1200 will all eye candy turned right up and it runs lovely under Vista. You shouldnt have an issue as WoW is hardly the most system hogging game around ;)

Back
Top Bottom