A few more...

Soldato
In addition to this thread...

DSC_1177-01a.jpg

and

DSC_1207-01a3.jpg

and

DSC_1168-01a3.jpg

C&C appreciated. I'm very new to this kind of work, and struggling a bit with skin tones I think. :)

Soldato
No.1 Don't like the expression and the dof is too shallow(chin is oof)
No.2 Best of the lot. Nice expression, good angle and the lighting is good(although maybe a little too bright on the left hand side.) I would maybe try including a bit more of the top of her head though.
No.3 Doesn't do it for me im afraid.

:)

Soldato
It's years ... far too many since I did any of this....
As stated Depth of Field issues, I'd not use any less than f5.6, might mean moving further away from back ground... so be it.

No.2 Eye keeps getting drawn to the black strap on the right, very distracting, re-crop, or clone it out !!!......(or ask her to take it off next time ! ;)

No.3 There are no rules in Photography that can't be broken, but I was always told your eye line should always be higher than hers... Never look up to a girl !!! (Insert own witty comments at leisure !!) it's not faltering to them...double chin effect.... Compare 1 and 3 you can see the effect.

Also get any old flash gun and put it on the floor behind the model, experiment with firing at the back of her head, or on the wall behind for a back-light effect...

Soldato
I would personally, always do a number on a person face, concerning skin and teeth, regardless of whether they're fit or not. Just common practice to improve a photo.

Back
Top Bottom