What to do with £1000 Cash ?

Soldato
Booner! said:
This has had tax paid :) So im freeeeee

Ah, not so bad then. Thats the worst thing about a bonus. Being told what they are giving you and then seeing the figure after tax.

Stick it all into your pension or ISA, unless you do what i am doing and use it on a second hand 03/04 audi A3 :D

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox said:
Golf GTI Anniversary front and rear bumpers to go with those wheels and remove the stock but huge wheels look.

Nahh its only a basic spec golf, I will save further money on the car for my next runabout :) Don't want to keep modding the golf tbh

Im fed up of saving - I want to live now and enjoy it, not in 50 years time when I am old and wrinkley

Permabanned
how about:
- a motorbike for fields (or onroad)
- a BMX/skateboard
- remote control car
- spray paint for graffiti
- some games for pc/xbox etc
- smart + casual clothes
- saving it / investing in shares
- Mp3 player
- a cheap car you can either fix or destroy to your taste
- virgin/sky tv
- better internet connection
- films/music
- gym membership
- set of drums/another musical instrument

...I think that's enough food for thought ;)

Soldato
OP
gareth.e said:
how about:
- a motorbike for fields (or onroad)
- a BMX/skateboard
- remote control car

- spray paint for graffiti
- some games for pc/xbox etc
- smart + casual clothes
- saving it / investing in shares - hehe dabbling here too
- Mp3 player
- a cheap car you can either fix or destroy to your taste
- virgin/sky tv
- better internet connection - Got 8mb download so thats not too bad
- films/music
- gym membership - I could do with some gym stuff actually!
- set of drums/another musical instrument

...I think that's enough food for thought ;)

Thats a nice list, I will highlight the stuff which i got or doubt i would use

Soldato
OP
melbourne720 said:
Buy yourself a PS3 + Samsung HD TV for £1k and give your XBOX 360 to a children's hospital. You'll feel good and have a new HD gaming rig. :)

Can't I just give the unwanted PS3 from that deal? :rolleyes: ;)

Morthoseth said:
A big flag with a picture of your willy sewn on?

You know, so you can wave it around more and stuff.
And with Regards to Willy waving... that is an anti constructive post? I have seen people on here asking with what to do with £10,000.... so please dont take it too seriously and get all jealous on me? I was in no mean trying to brag on an internet forum! Im not that fickle

Soldato
Spend £100 on lottery tickets;
not for Wednesday, but for Saturday's - buy like £10 worth from 10 different shops, for a mix lucky - may bring back more than invested.

Save the rest of the £900 for uni, loads of money needed in terms of night outs, dressing up, dates e.t.c.

And if you're lucky, we might get news of you winning something big off the weekend's lottery.

Associate
***** it all away on fruit machines down the amusements and play the free bingo inbetween with the grannies, get some free tea/coffee biscuits into your pasty white lanky system, oh and stop willy waving whilst your at it.

Associate
Fair enough, you say you arent willy waving..

But if there is nothing that you actually want, why waste £1000 for the sake of wasting £1000, just invest it until you find something you really want.

Could be boring, yet it just seems smarter than spending for the sake of spending, when you have no idea what you want.

Meh, its your money - personally i would buy one of the Archos' video players with the 7.1" screens, they look fantastic

Soldato
OP
Morthoseth said:
Could be boring, yet it just seems smarter than spending for the sake of spending, when you have no idea what you want.

Meh, its your money

Hence why I asked on here! Suggestions..

personally i would buy one of the Archos' video players with the 7.1" screens, they look fantastic

Now we are getting somewhere :)

Soldato
Ummmm save to a deposit on a house, you'll need every penny you can scrape together for that trust me.

Boring I know, but very sensible. I have about 5k trying to burn a hole in my pocket but i'm not letting it :p.

Soldato
A free grand would see me becoming a qualified sky diver :)

If that wasn't an option for whatever reason though than I'd use it for attending a few trackdays over the summer. £1000 should cover 5 or so full days along with the fuel and tyres bills.

Associate
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=AV-008-TS&groupid=703&catid=511&subcat=

AV-008-TS_400.jpg

If not, give it to me and I will buy one. :)

Back
Top Bottom