• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Possible 1950 RMA

Soldato
fen739 said:
Well cheers for the advice guys, guess I'll post it soon. Is it worth buying a cheap PCIE card whilst I wait do you think? (as in like £20-30)
Impossible to say,,as you could get your card back in anything in between 2 to 10weeks

Associate
Got my Sapphire 1950pro back today after a 6week rma.

Havent fitted it yet, but it does look there has been a board revision.
A slightly smaller vrsion of the same heatsink but with the fan at the port end of the card, and a whole row of caps at the back end. The 6pin power connector is now more towards the outer case rarther then centre back of the card before. unfortunatly still facing the HDs so a pain for me to get the power plug in ;)

heres hopeing no more black out at 70 degrees ;)

EDIT: Actually, it looks a lot like X1950GT, but PRO is written on it instead.

Last edited:
Associate
yeah this is the exact same as what my card is doing. ive got the HIS x1950pro, and fan is noisy as hell, sounds like a spinning HD, and constantly crashes during games such as C+C3, even crashed under Footy Manager 07 other day!! if i change the output socket, i get lots of little green vertical lines across the screen. i only ever manage to monitor temps around 40-44 degrees, doesnt seem to go higher, even under load! now that to me doesnt seem right!

now the problem i have, ive only jus finished uni, and needed it so could finish all my work, and its now 2 days outside the initial 28 days! so cant get a replacement, but dont want to send off for weeks on end for RMA, as have nothing to do over the summer!

any advice?

Associate
I've just been through this process and ended up taking the retailer to small claims court.

Firstly, the 28 days is an OcUK specific amount of time, it's not set in stone by law, so I'd ask OcUK what they think about the repair. Phone them and plead your case, don't use webnotes, since you are more likely to get a positive reaction if you actually speak to someone, especially if you call at a low-volume time.

I would also find out your legal rights about the repair/RMA process (use the DTI website for this).

If the card is faulty then it's not much use to you now is it? So why wait to start the RMA process? I'd get it RMAd as soon as possible, since it's broken - why should you put up with sub-standard goods that you paid for?

Back
Top Bottom