Auzentech Sound Card based on X-Fi

Associate
This is for anybody who hasn't already heard about this.

Looks promising to me as it will be Vista compatible and should hopefully reproduce sound better than the Creative version of the Xfi. If its any good and reasonably priced I can see allot of X-Fi's being availible in the members market when its released!!

For Details Click here

Soldato
Very interesting. I wonder if it will use Creative drivers though, as these are the main complaint of people using X-Fi cards at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if they do as their C-Media based cards use the plain C-Media drivers, which would make the advantages of buying this card quite limited. Would be awesome if they somehow added Dolby Digital Live to an X-Fi based card though :eek:

Associate
OP
Phil99 said:
Very interesting. I wonder if it will use Creative drivers though, as these are the main complaint of people using X-Fi cards at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if they do as their C-Media based cards use the plain C-Media drivers, which would make the advantages of buying this card quite limited.

Very true I didn't really think of that!! Suppose only time will tell.

Soldato
the most logical path for them to take would be to use the creative drivers and just rebrand them a little. i seriously doubt they will write their own drivers for the card, but stranger things have happened and it would be great news if they did.

Associate
I've been waiting for a card like this to come along but sadly theres no hdmi. Hopefully they will bring out a newer version with hdmi either with or replacing spdif and i'll be sold!

Associate
Gundam God said:
I've been waiting for a card like this to come along but sadly theres no hdmi. Hopefully they will bring out a newer version with hdmi either with or replacing spdif and i'll be sold!
It is compatible with the forthcoming X-Tension DIN addon, that will feature HDMI 1.3a.

Associate
Shakey_Jake33 said:
It is compatible with the forthcoming X-Tension DIN addon, that will feature HDMI 1.3a.

I just finished catching up on the hdmi soundcard thread at avsoforums where they've mentioned the add-on. If it can handle hddvd/bluray as well as unprotected audio then it'll definately be on my buy list along with the new soundcard.

Back
Top Bottom