Minimum Passport Validity when going on Holiday in Mexico - Advise needed!!!

Soldato
As I said in my edit Dr. Evil, I didn't read the thread fully, stopped when I heard that quote, which I still stand by :p But sorry.

And your opening post wasn't clear regarding you not having a British passport etc.

:)

Soldato
Quite a few countries demand over 6 months left remaining on your passport.

Like you say your options are simple. Personally I wouldnt bother risking it. A 10 hour flight only to be told to turn round and go home would be unbelieveably annoying.

Im off to Mexico in Feb next year. :)

Associate
Stiff_Cookie said:
I may have missed this on page two but a quick question:

Why DO countries require a certain amount of time of passport validity after your trip?

Might be becuase thats the maximum ammount of time you can stay there as a tourist, and they might not be able to deport you or whatever if you have an invalid passport.

Just a guess though really.

Soldato
OP
I have found the solution after speaking to the Dutch embassy in London. The renewal time is 4 weeks and cannot be shortened (unless going to the Netherlands) but as my current passport is still valid, i can opt to keep it during the passport application process. When the passport is ready, i will have to go again in person to collect it, and hand my current passport in to them.

Thanks anyways for all the helpful advise, and for all others with their negative and useless comments: ........ (stick it where the sun don't shine :D )

Back
Top Bottom