Dedicated Server: Any recommendations?

Associate
Hi,

As per the title, I am looking for a dedicated server which is going to be required to host and web based application.

Can anyone recommendend a provider that they have had good experiences with, offers value and is reliable with good support?

Thanks in advance.

John

Man of Honour
John_V85 said:
Unfortunately, for the spec I need this would cost £300/month plus a set up fee which is not particularly competitive.
Did you e-mail them? If not - don't just go by the website :)

I've always found them to be very competitive, especially for the quality, though I admit there are budget folk around who can be cheaper :)

Associate
http://www.dedifast.net/ is one of the few "budget" uk ones with 24/7 support. The are are the budget arm of coreix but the standard is pretty much the same (excellent).

49pence.com is also ok if you need something a little cheaper. The support is not instant like dedifast though.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Jaffa_Cake said:
American prices are cheaper ;)

*Going for the kill*
Depending on what this web app is, though, you don't want office workers trying to use an app hosted thousands of miles away, and if it's a standard website you probably want to be indexed well in Google UK which means being hosted in the UK (significantly, at least) :)

Though if none of those are too important then yes, US hosting is still good....but these days you're not saving that much over a decent budget UK host!

Associate
Rackspace don't seem to be on the review list - we use them and although they can be a little pricey their support is phenominal and their servers are amazing.
We have 3.

Associate
OP
true, but when you start upping the ram, etc. to a decent amount the price quickly increases. I have emailed 2host and will make a post on the forum mentioned, as I see they actually responded to one post which a much better price than quoted on their website.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom