It was a rainy Monday, but..

Soldato
I still managed to get my dose of photography :) ;

Fatefull_barn_1_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Fatefull_barn_2_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Fatefull_barn_3_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Man of Honour
Very nice, all of them, #4 and the last are my favourite though, there's just something about them!

Good work! Inspired me to get some early nip and drop down to Meon Valley/Stubbington in the early hours for a spot of landscaping :p

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys. Im fairly pleased with this lot. Could have spent a lot longer at that barn, but was in a bit of a rush to get back to the car. Might go back sometime though and capture it from loads of angles with it being such a great subject.

Associate
WOW!...Don't you just hate photography noobs! :p

Numbers 4 & 5 are my favourites, though all are good. I'm not sure about the pinkish one (1)

I've just bought a couple of manual lenses (Makinnon 28mm f2.8 and Pentacon 50 f1.8 ) both M42 mounts and am planning to do some IR amongst other things with these.

Soldato
OP
AndyBorzi said:
WOW!...Don't you just hate photography noobs! :p

Numbers 4 & 5 are my favourites, though all are good. I'm not sure about the pinkish one (1)

I've just bought a couple of manual lenses (Makinnon 28mm f2.8 and Pentacon 50 f1.8 ) both M42 mounts and am planning to do some IR amongst other things with these.
Yeah, they annoy the hell out of me. :mad: :p The first one is nearly exactly how it come out of the camera (except for some level tweaking and border). IR certainly is fun when you find good subjects.

Mohain said:
Very nice. The mono ones work for me :)

Thank you. I wish I had taken better ones of the waterfall. My dad managed to get better ones than me, but then I was up to about 6minutes exposures with 10 stop ND filter, and F22, lol.

Associate
messiah khan said:
but then I was up to about 6minutes exposures with 10 stop ND filter, and F22, lol.

6 Minutes! :eek: How did your battery cope?

Windy days seem to suit IR very well don't they? (cloud streaks)

Do you focus without the IR filter on then put it on when you are composed etc?

Soldato
OP
AndyBorzi said:
6 Minutes! :eek: How did your battery cope?

Windy days seem to suit IR very well don't they? (cloud streaks)

Do you focus without the IR filter on then put it on when you are composed etc?

Battery copes fine. I charged it up before going out. Went out at about 11, and got back at about 6. Took 196pics quite a few of them long exposures. And the bettery is still on the full bar. Yeah, I was quite lucky with this shot in the fact that the wind was blowing from behind the barn, so the streaks radiate out from behind it. I tend to focus, then screw the filter on and take the shot. Ive read that your not actually sopposed to di it this way as IR has a different wavelength so focuses different. So in theory if you get perfect focus normally, then screw in the IR filter, the focus will be slighty off. Having said that, I havent had any problems, but it might be worth taking a shot, then adjust the focus a fraction and take another one just incase.

Associate
I read that also, about IR focusing differently. Apparently, with these manual lenses I mentioned earlier, they have a red dot on the focus ring which is the IR focus point for that lens - Doesn't that just limit your focus points if you do this though? Or is all IR photography done at the same focus?.

I guess I will have to wait and see!

Back
Top Bottom