Racing games

Permabanned
sniffy said:
Thanks again lads, this is perfect. Any more suggestions are more than welcome :) Just bought a MOMO steering wheel off MM. Should make things interesting :)

Alright mate, you finally got the MOMO eh? Hows it handle in games, cause I might get one.... :cool:

Soldato
Can't believe no-one has mentioned this yet :o

Grand Prix Legends, imo the best sim racing game ever, LFS/GTL/GTR are good but they've not grabbed me in the way this has, several years on I still go through phases of playing it, and each time manage to improve my PB's, and theres a hell of a long way to go before I get 'good' :)

Associate
SKILL said:
Can't believe no-one has mentioned this yet :o

Grand Prix Legends, imo the best sim racing game ever, LFS/GTL/GTR are good but they've not grabbed me in the way this has, several years on I still go through phases of playing it, and each time manage to improve my PB's, and theres a hell of a long way to go before I get 'good' :)

Have to agree! Hugely addictive, easy to get into, terrifyingly difficult when played as it should be with all the modern aids like traction control switched off.

A real classic.

Worth getting if only for the fantastic engine sounds of "proper" GP cars!

Associate
rallisport challenge is the best consoley type racing game i have played on the pc gfx still look good today even though it is old

Soldato
OP
dave2k2005 said:
Alright mate, you finally got the MOMO eh? Hows it handle in games, cause I might get one.... :cool:

Hasn't arrived yet. Should be here tomorrow.

I picked up rFactor and LFS today lads. Can't wait til the wheel arrives :) Once I get comfy with the wheel I'll look into getting some more.

Last edited:
Soldato
sniffy said:
Hasn't arrived yet. Should be here tomorrow.

I picked up rFactor and LFS today lads. Can't wait til the wheel arrives :) Once I get comfy with the wheel I'll look into getting some more.
rFactor and LFS are good buys. Got both and can't wait to play them again.

Are you into F1 by any chance? There's a pretty good F1 2005 mod @ http://rfactorcentral.com/index.cfm or more precisely http://rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=F1 2005.

rFactorCentral.com is a good place for rFactor mods.

Soldato
OP
Associate
Download TrackMania Nations, its a free online only version of TrackMania. The graphics are very good and as someone said earlier its very addictive :)

Suspended
RobertN said:
rallisport challenge is the best consoley type racing game i have played on the pc gfx still look good today even though it is old

yeh, good game -ones ive got

juiced
colin mcrae 2
rally champ xtreme
rallisport challenge
trackmania
trackmania sunrise
e-racer
need for speed porche 2000
need for speed 2 special edition

I played rallisport challenge quite a lot when it was installed a few years ago. Havent played games for ages but this thread prompted me to install richard burns again. Shame there isnt going to be a 2nd. R.I.P burns (george best overshadowed him)

Man of Honour
HangTime said:
Need for Speed: Porsche 2000

Classic?.......Check
Arcadey?.....Check
Simulation?...Kinda

Absolutely superb racer, great tracks, a wide range of handling on the different models, and a nice balance between arcade and realism (e.g. a persistent damage model between races). A fully upgraded 1978 3.6l 911 turbo is definitely the most fun to drive car I've found in any racer.

I think we've had this discussion before and I still disagree about the best car (clearly a 1973 Carrera 2.7 RS) but the game is utterly fantastic, I may even have to begin my yearly play-through again soon. :D

Other games I've enjoyed fairly recently are GTLegends (simlike mainly) and NFS: Carbon (the complete opposite). :)

Associate
Selekt0r said:
The Trackmania series are indeed great fun, provided that you don't mind installing games which include Starforce protection. Personally, I wouldn't let it anywhere near my PC...

Trackmania United doesn't have Starforce.

The forums are indeed great fun, provided that you don't mind posting things which include facts.

Back
Top Bottom