Apple iPhone due date?

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Inexcusable delay tbh. Another half a year and this phone will be completely old news. It gives time for every Tom, Dick, Motorola and Benq to catch up, overtake and completely rob the product of its novelty factor.

It will probably be the first wide release phone in UK with yankee style 2 year contract minimum i hear. Which is actually bad for the market.

Soldato
v0n said:
Inexcusable delay tbh. Another half a year and this phone will be completely old news. It gives time for every Tom, Dick, Motorola and Benq to catch up, overtake and completely rob the product of its novelty factor.

It will probably be the first wide release phone in UK with yankee style 2 year contract minimum i hear. Which is actually bad for the market.

Well unless the November release in the UK is 3g unlike its US version its already old news.

Associate
Not to mention apple will look after this. There will be software updates that will require you don't need to replace the phone. The potential for apps is so much greater than any other phone because of the underlying OS.

Soldato
vespr said:
Not to mention apple will look after this. There will be software updates that will require you don't need to replace the phone. The potential for apps is so much greater than any other phone because of the underlying OS.

What are you talking about, Symbian has a mind boggling amount of applications out there - far more than the iphone ever will have (because it is closed OS)

Soldato
vespr said:

I'd put money on the iPhone getting released and a better, 3g model, being released within 6months and Apple's stance on 3rd party apps means there will be very little available for it.

Apple also has a great reputation for shafting euros on price, so expect any software to be way overpriced for the UK market.

I'm a huge Apple fan, and I will probably get an iPhone through the company, but fully expect it to sit in a drawer after a few months.

Associate
Chrisp7 said:
:confused: So all Symbian phones have a battery life less than a day do they?;)

The 6680 and 6280 phones I had certainly were rubbish for battery life. And from what I hear the N95 is just as bad. So yes in my experience/opinion, symbian phones are slow and poor on battery life.

Soldato
AndrewPE28 said:
The 6680 and 6280 phones I had certainly were rubbish for battery life. And from what I hear the N95 is just as bad. So yes in my experience/opinion, symbian phones are slow and poor on battery life.

Never heard such tosh, what a gross generalisation you are making - educate youself before making such statements. Certainly some S60 devices are slow but a) S60 isnt the only Symbian OS b) the S60 OS is seemigly sorted - just look at the N95 - its quick. Again battery life on the N95 and N80 arent great but on the vast majority of Nokia phones they are great, if not fantastic.

I will state a 2nd time - when the iphone comes out, if its 3g - I will almost certainly get one.

Associate
Chrisp7 said:
Never heard such tosh, what a gross generalisation you are making - educate youself before making such statements. Certainly some S60 devices are slow but a) S60 isnt the only Symbian OS b) the S60 OS is seemigly sorted - just look at the N95 - its quick. Again battery life on the N95 and N80 arent great but on the vast majority of Nokia phones they are great, if not fantastic.

I will state a 2nd time - when the iphone comes out, if its 3g - I will almost certainly get one.

I'll grossly generalise all I like as I stated it was MY opinion based on 2 years of real life use. If you dont like my opinion then tough and stop spamming. The phones I've had symbian 40 and 60 were slow and had rubbish battery life, END OF. I could care less how quick the N95 is, if it wont last the day, what use is it.

Back
Top Bottom