Obsidian Edge 2 : Crysis Mod

Associate
this is good news.

i really thought the cryengine in farcray was going to take off as the engine of choice for future games for at least a couple years. Its a real shame id didn't because i still think its a very good engine.

Would be interested to see what you guys can make of the new crysis engine.

CuZ

CuZ

Associate
OP
Hi Mint S, just took a quick look, kudos on the appreciation you got for the mod!
I cant make any promises, but i just ran your profile by Suli, who manages the art team. He would like to take a closer look at your stuff and maybe follow it up with a chat...
Not sure if this link will work, you might need to be registered:
http://www.obsidianedge.net/index.php?option=com_contact&task=view&contact_id=2&Itemid=91
Please register your interest there and Suli will get in touch
(If you cant see the link directly you can navigate to it from our home page, there is a button on the left "Contact/Join the Team")

@Andri: Yeah it was a surprise that it didnt do better, but the SDK and C++ SDK came out too late really... Im sure there will be huge interest in the Crysis SDK when it is showcased at GDC next week.

CuZ

CuZ

Associate
OP
Hi all,

Our May update has been released and includes a world exclusive; the first public view of our in game screen shots with the CryEngine2....

This one is only a concept shot, but it gives a flavour for the images you can find on our site www.ObsidianEdge.net

Comments as always are appreciated ;)

Soldato
Hi

I just wanted to chime in and say that I think what you guys are doing is awesome. It's modders like you that help breathe life into games, and I think crytek have been very shrewd by getting a head start on the modding process.

I look forward to playing this mod when it's finished!

Associate
Duff-Man said:
Hi

I just wanted to chime in and say that I think what you guys are doing is awesome. It's modders like you that help breathe life into games, and I think crytek have been very shrewd by getting a head start on the modding process.

I look forward to playing this mod when it's finished!

Very true, Valve has a huge and successful online community due to making their games easily moddable. It's made them a lot of money too, CS + DoD were mods to start with.

Looking forward to this Crysis mod. :)

CuZ

CuZ

Associate
OP
Hi guys, thanks for the kind comments!

I was starting to wonder what the record number is here for most views vs least replies :p

Maybe people want to see some of the real CE2 shots in this thread 1st...

CuZ

CuZ

Associate
OP
LOL... Sorry we cant say, at least not until Crytek release some HW specs...
For what its worth, we did try and beat a public statement out of them when we interviewed them a few months back, but they simply couldnt give a commitment with the game/engine being pre-alpha back then...

I can tell you that all of the 9 screens + 2 concepts in the May release were produce in DX9 only... We had to hold something back for future releases ;)

Permabanned
Yeh, must be great working on one of the biggest mods in current time! Would love to do that, and you also get to know how it runs and looks and plays etc. :cool: Keep us updated, and give OCUK some special info.... ;) :p

CuZ

CuZ

Associate
OP
dave2k2005 said:
Keep us updated, and give OCUK some special info.... ;) :p

Never mind special info, if Gibbo or one of the team is reading this, The Polishing Weevils are open to partnering offers with HW suppliers :D

Did you ever put a portfolio together Dave?

The editor is very similar to use to the one that came with Far Cry, but if anything despite having more functionallity it even easier to use. Part of that comes from the realtime editing of lights and terrain instead of going out for a beer while they were generated in CE1....

If you check out the Crytek/Crysis vids from GDC they show some really nice editor demos...

Last edited:
Permabanned
CuZ said:
Never mind special info, if Gibbo or one of the team is reading this, The Polishing Weevils are open to partnering offers with HW suppliers :D

Did you ever put a portfolio together Dave?

The editor is very similar to use to the one that came with Far Cry, but if anything despite having more functionallity it even easier to use. Part of that comes from the realtime editing of lights and terrain instead of going out for a bear while they were generated in CE1....

If you check out the Crytek/Crysis vids from GDC they show some really nice editor demos...

You use those editors?! :eek: And I never got an portfolio :( Never got into modeling properly...

CuZ

CuZ

Associate
OP
PMSL, quick fix my typo before the RSPCA get on to me!!:o

Shame you didnt get into it; I'm lost myself when it comes to modeling, but yeah we use the Sandbox2 editor..

Permabanned
CuZ said:
PMSL, quick fix my typo before the RSPCA get on to me!!:o

Shame you didnt get into it; I'm lost myself when it comes to modeling, but yeah we use the Sandbox2 editor..

Must be freakin sweet, would love to get into it when I'm older...

CuZ

CuZ

Associate
OP
Good question...

Despite technically being around a year into production, I would say no more than 25%...

That doesnt mean its going to take 4 yrs to finish, just reflects the slow progress you sometimes make with beta testing Pre-Alpha tools.

We are really building momentum now... :)

Permabanned
Nice one, what do you do in the project?
btw mate, any chance I could contact you through msn or somethin if you got it, would love to talk more about it and what you do etc. :p

Back
Top Bottom