• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Success RMA Direct to Asus! (well I got a RMA number)

Suspended
I know a few people floating about here have been trying without luck as far as I know but today I finally received details and a RMA number direct back to Asus.

This is after my EN8800GTS 640mb stopped working. I did have it water cooled for ages but the card was fine I didn't do anything that could have broken it. Simply stopped working one day.

I am receiving tomorrow some Artic Silver cleaner and some of that cheapass thermal paste to make it look like it was when I received it.

Anyway, I got annoyed with the run around with their official support methods, submitting a ticket, posting on their forums and trying email. I telephoned them, followed their telephone menu about "components" to get an automated message that tells me to return it to the point of purchase... and then it hangs up.

So I phoned the number again spoke to someone in their laptop support department. Simply said "my graphics card is broken I require an RMA number". The kind gentlemen on the end of the phone said what he can do is forward a form to me via email, I reply directly to him and he will pass it on to the relevant department. I filled it in emailed it back he passed it on and today I got my RMA number :) Just have to send a £12 cheque as well.

Suspended
OP
Just bumping this thread due to the other one being locked and the hopes it might help someone. They have received my card (they sent me an email update) and cashed my £12 cheque.

Now I am just waiting... could be several months tho heh :p

Soldato
Noxis said:
I know a few people floating about here have been trying without luck as far as I know but today I finally received details and a RMA number direct back to Asus.

This is after my EN8800GTS 640mb stopped working. I did have it water cooled for ages but the card was fine I didn't do anything that could have broken it. Simply stopped working one day.

I am receiving tomorrow some Artic Silver cleaner and some of that cheapass thermal paste to make it look like it was when I received it.

Anyway, I got annoyed with the run around with their official support methods, submitting a ticket, posting on their forums and trying email. I telephoned them, followed their telephone menu about "components" to get an automated message that tells me to return it to the point of purchase... and then it hangs up.

So I phoned the number again spoke to someone in their laptop support department. Simply said "my graphics card is broken I require an RMA number". The kind gentlemen on the end of the phone said what he can do is forward a form to me via email, I reply directly to him and he will pass it on to the relevant department. I filled it in emailed it back he passed it on and today I got my RMA number :) Just have to send a £12 cheque as well.

Thanks for the information.. sadly ive already done this, twice. Maybe you just got lucky :p

Im past caring now its out of my hands anyway... ;)

Suspended
OP
AtreuS said:
Thanks for the information.. sadly ive already done this, twice. Maybe you just got lucky :p

Im past caring now its out of my hands anyway... ;)

Its a shame as I could have given you the RMA form and the email address to send it to.

Associate
Noxis said:
Just bumping this thread due to the other one being locked and the hopes it might help someone. They have received my card (they sent me an email update) and cashed my £12 cheque.

I would'nt joke about 7 months if i was you, as it took them over 6 to send back a 5900 to replace my 5800 which went funny. also took 3 months to fix the 5800 as it had gone funny previously.

I only had to pay 1 way postage and I had to fill in a inform which was sent via e-mail to me.

I will definately not be buying a Asus graphics card again thats for your.

Soldato
squiffy said:
I would have gone back to retailer, and demanded a replacement. It's within your rights.

Sadly in my case the retailer went out of business about 18months ago. In any case after the first year you will be hard pressed to make the retailer do anything anyway when its a 3 year manufacturer warranty. As regards the "form and email" im afraid its already gone to the TS people now, ive been told to not have any further contact. They have had nearly 8 months to talk to me now and have decided not to so no one can say they have not been given ample opportunity.

The fact that my warranty runs out in about 2 months is also a factor hence why i was told to send recorded del letters... they could have sorted me out by now so if they start going on a bout it being "out of warranty" when we finnaly get somewhere, they will be stuffed as the letters clearly show that the case was started well within warranty and due to their tardiness in the matter its now overrun.

Last edited:
Associate
Absolutely. Why are you guys taking these waits of 5-7 months, that's insane.

I just won my Small Claims court case against a retailer who took longer than 28 days to repair my card.

Soldato
Noxis said:

Please keep us updated, I'm sure lots of people are interested to know if Asus have truly improved their after sales service.

I'd also like to know how the Trading Standards get on with AtreuS's complaint:
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17715224

Strange that the thread was locked without any reason being given... :confused:

Soldato
I wonder if you could sue them for breach of contract, you might get more than just £330 out of Asus that way by pursuing legal proceedings against Asus! ;)

Soldato
Azrael1 said:
how far did you overclock it....

May be why it stopped working..

errr, to 10% less than the temperature limits?

Overclocking does NOT kill cards within a year unless:

- They are at stupid >80C temps 24/7
- Fully loaded 24/7 @ stupid temps
- Over volted.

Water cooling means the card was pushed to the limit it will allow for that given voltage, I bet the card didn't even pass 50C load.

It died because something was wrong or it was a weak card in the first place.

End.

Associate
Concorde Rules said:
errr, to 10% less than the temperature limits?

Overclocking does NOT kill cards within a year unless:

- They are at stupid >80C temps 24/7
- Fully loaded 24/7 @ stupid temps
- Over volted.

Water cooling means the card was pushed to the limit it will allow for that given voltage, I bet the card didn't even pass 50C load.

It died because something was wrong or it was a weak card in the first place.

End.

So you know the temp the card was at ? are you psychic.
Also you know he did'nt overvolt his card ? amazing !

Please predict the winning lottery numbers this week for me.

Soldato
Azrael1 said:
So you know the temp the card was at ? are you psychic.
Also you know he did'nt overvolt his card ? amazing !

Please predict the winning lottery numbers this week for me.

How long you been around here? How long have you spent trawling overclocking forums? How long have you spent looking at watercooling?

I've spent hours and hours and hours looking at this kind of stuff, and all the watercooled 8800s and X1900s I've seen have been under 55C load, some even barely passing 50C.

Volt mods are very very rarely worth it, and only 1% of all card owners actually do hardware mods.

So I'll stick by my comments thanks to experience.

Back
Top Bottom