Apple iPhone due date?

Soldato
AndrewPE28 said:
The 6680 and 6280 phones I had certainly were rubbish for battery life. And from what I hear the N95 is just as bad. So yes in my experience/opinion, symbian phones are slow and poor on battery life.
E60 has an excellent battery life, isn't slow either.

Soldato
AndrewPE28 said:
I'll grossly generalise all I like as I stated it was MY opinion based on 2 years of real life use. If you dont like my opinion then tough and stop spamming. The phones I've had symbian 40 and 60 were slow and had rubbish battery life, END OF. I could care less how quick the N95 is, if it wont last the day, what use is it.

All I am doing is pointing out the error in your arguments, take a chill pill. a) Symbian 40 OSes certainly are not slow b) Older S60 handsets are slow but this issue seems to have been sorted with the newer range - ie the E series and N95 onwards. c) The N95 lasts longer than a day if you dont use it as a laptop all day, and you dont expect a laptop to last all day do you? Yes the battery life is a bit dissapointing but I see it as ok for the functions you get. At any rate you dont have one so arent exactly qualified to comment on this issue. Points a) and b) are fact, you can disagree all you like but all I say is you are wrong.

Soldato
If they bring out a 3g version, it doesn't require a 2 year contract and they allow 3rd party app support (they're "working on it" apparently...) then I'll get one. Until then Apple can go whistle, my XDA Mini S does everything an iPhone can do, especially with the new Google Maps client.

Soldato
FishFluff said:
If they bring out a 3g version, it doesn't require a 2 year contract and they allow 3rd party app support (they're "working on it" apparently...) then I'll get one. Until then Apple can go whistle, my XDA Mini S does everything an iPhone can do, especially with the new Google Maps client.

lol - you cant possibly compare the mini s to the iphone can you? Its incredibly sluggish, locks up constantly, has a terrible OS, and has very clumsy touchscreen (ie using a stylus) and its an ugly brick.

Last edited:
Associate
HTC Touch

And you can have it now !!! ;)

5 June 2007 - HTC has today confirmed that it will go head to head with Apple following the launch of the HTC Touch, a new touch screen device that on the surface looks identical to the iPhone.

Two years in the making, the new model will feature a touch screen display and will run Microsoft Windows Mobile 6 operating system.

Supposedly designed with people in mind - with the home screen offering the usual array of Windows Mobile 6 at a glance information such as appointments, email and weather.

Smaller than the iPhone, the device is controllable by one hand rather than a needing one to hold the device and one to hold the stylus.

In a similar interface to the iPhone, called TouchFlow, the user will be able to swipe their thumb across the screen to move around the menu system using HTC's "TouchFLO" technology.

"We have tried to create a simple, elegant interface" said the President of the HTC at a packed event in Soho, London.

The new handset will be offered on the Orange and T-Mobile networks in the UK from today and second half of the year in America.

Specs are as follows:

• Dimensions: 99.9mm (L) x 58mm (W) x 13.9mm (T)
• Weight: 112g with battery
• 1GB microSD storage card included / 64MB RAM, 128MB ROM
• 2.8-inch LCD touch screen with backlight, 240 x 320 dots resolution with 65,536 colours
• Battery Life: Rechargeable Li-Ion battery with a capacity of 1100 mAh
• Standby time: Up to 200 / Talk time: Up to 5 hours
• Camera: 2.0 mega-pixel CMOS colour camera
• Windows Mobile 6 Professional with Direct Push Email and HTML email support
• Wireless Connectivity: GSM/GPRS/EDGE Tri-band: 900, 1800,1900, Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 b/g and Bluetooth 2.0
• Choice of two colours at launch - "elegant" soft black or "alluring" wasabi green

Soldato
duc999 said:
5 June 2007 - HTC has today confirmed that it will go head to head with Apple following the launch of the HTC Touch, a new touch screen device that on the surface looks identical to the iPhone.

meh..

Its still nowhere near the iphone, I very much doubt the OS will be good enough seeing as its Windows mobile.

Soldato
Chrisp7 said:
lol - you cant possibly compare the mini s to the iphone can you? Its incredibly sluggish, locks up constantly, has a terrible OS, and has very clumsy touchscreen (ie using a stylus) and its an ugly brick.

Mine's fine thanks. Can't remember the last time it locked up on me and once I removed the crap that t-mobile put on there it's pretty snappy. I'll wait until I actually try out the iPhone's on screen keyboard too before I run out to buy one whilst creaming my pants.

Associate
Has anyone actually gotten an actual iPhone and properly reviewed it yet? if not how does people know the iPhone will live up to it's hype and that its OS is superior than those in a PPC?

Associate
AndrewPE28 said:
The 6680 and 6280 phones I had certainly were rubbish for battery life. And from what I hear the N95 is just as bad. So yes in my experience/opinion, symbian phones are slow and poor on battery life.

Back in 2003 or 2004, I had a Sony Ericsson P800, which lasted at least 3 days with a fair bit of use! The battery was only a 600Mah one (I believe), so it did well!

Associate
Chrisp7 said:
meh..

Its still nowhere near the iphone, I very much doubt the OS will be good enough seeing as its Windows mobile.

Thats a statement and a half considering no one has one. And of course you know all about WM6 seeing as no phones officially have it yet.

As ever i'll wait for others to get and test an iphone and not go wetting myself over it. I vaugely remember the same thing over the N95 and look what a dog that turned out to be ;)

Soldato
duc999 said:
• 1GB microSD storage card included / 64MB RAM, 128MB ROM
• 2.8-inch LCD touch screen with backlight, 240 x 320 dots resolution with 65,536 colours
• Camera: 2.0 mega-pixel CMOS colour camera
• Wireless Connectivity: GSM/GPRS/EDGE Tri-band: 900, 1800,1900, Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 b/g and Bluetooth 2.0

64MB RAM and a 200Mhz CPU? 65k colour QVGA screen? 2MP camera with no flash or autofocus? Tri-band GSM? The HTC Touch sounds revolutionary, especially when you have to dig out your stylus as soon as you enter any application. :p

As ever i'll wait for others to get and test an iphone and not go wetting myself over it. I vaugely remember the same thing over the N95 and look what a dog that turned out to be

Each to their own. There's lots of people who like the N95. It's the fastest selling smartphone ever in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom