court today- wish me luck :)

Soldato
Sorry there are many four letter words and how you managed to draw the word "nazi" from my post I'm amazed at.

What a stupid post. You weren't there, you don't know the circumstances of the incident and you dont know how you would react in such an unknown situation given its vauge status

Please let me in on the details that you are privvy too that I'm not. The facts, as we've been told:

1) Man gets annoyed at OPs wife ("went to slap her one").

Did he actually or is the OP just getting people on side to so that he feels better about it?

2) OP "kicks the living crap" out of man.

Again, may or may not be true. He may have called the man some choice racist words which would obviously not go in his favour.

I can have my opinion and you can have your's but just because you are so quick to believe what you are told it does not make my opinion any less worthy. I'm guessing that if the OP had been the man to have got beaten up saying "an unprovoked attack and I got beat up by some tool for shouting at his missus" then you'd all be saying "hope the scum that did this goes to jail". You can bet that I'd not be so quick to accept that it was an undeserved attack.

Associate
Sormicoft well done. I would have done the same. You did the right thing.

Why have they called it racial assault when they could just of called it Assault?

I would have done it regardless of the persons race.

Soldato
markyp23 said:
Sorry there are many four letter words and how you managed to draw the word "nazi" from my post I'm amazed at.

Please let me in on the details that you are privvy too that I'm not. The facts, as we've been told:

1) Man gets annoyed at OPs wife ("went to slap her one").

Did he actually or is the OP just getting people on side to so that he feels better about it?

2) OP "kicks the living crap" out of man.

Again, may or may not be true. He may have called the man some choice racist words which would obviously not go in his favour.

I can have my opinion and you can have your's but just because you are so quick to believe what you are told it does not make my opinion any less worthy. I'm guessing that if the OP had been the man to have got beaten up saying "an unprovoked attack and I got beat up by some tool for shouting at his missus" then you'd all be saying "hope the scum that did this goes to jail". You can bet that I'd not be so quick to accept that it was an undeserved attack.

Quoted for truth. Some of you agreeing need to look at the lack of facts.
You really think he's going to tell you the truth if it looks bad on him? Yeah right!!!! He's the one with the 500 fine and criminal record, he hasn't even said if the other guy got anything.

Associate
Non eof us can draw conclusions when we are only getting one persons side of the story. Personally judging the OP's character from his posts it likely went a lil different to his version of events and thoroughly deserved the fine.

If he did try to harm your wife, gj for putting the guy in his place but "beating the crap out of someone" is too far.

dun

dun

Soldato
mp3kla said:
Quoted for truth. Some of you agreeing need to look at the lack of facts.
You really think he's going to tell you the truth if it looks bad on him? Yeah right!!!! He's the one with the 500 fine and criminal record, he hasn't even said if the other guy got anything.

Of course we don't know what happened, but from what the OP has told us we have drawn our own conclusions

Man of Honour
markyp23 said:
The facts, as we've been told:

You've got the facts wrong -

1 - Man carves his wife up with no damage to car or wife
2 - The cars must have come to a standstill
3 - Wife loses her rag over nothing and provokes the man so much that ......
4 - He goes to slap her (but does not slap her) because .....
5 - Sormicroft interjected and kicked the living crap out of him

All over nothing.

Soldato
At face value I say the guy who went for the 'pregnant wife' in this case deserved a kicking, regardless of how severe. That just ain't cricket as far as I'm concerned; what if she'd been on her own, what then?

I take it the guy was black? If, and I say 'if' speculatively, the chap was one of these yardy gangsta types then he wouldn't have needed much provocation to slap any one, let alone a mere woman. Not to tar everyone with the same brush or anything unreasonable like that.

The fact remains the law looks down on anyone who 'does it for themselves' irrespective of them doing the right thing or not as far as standing up for one's self and others. An example would have had to be made in the form of a charge and a fine. But then again the law would rather you get assaulted than take action to defend what's yours, be it property or family, and then clean up the mess after the fact. Don't want to set a precedent by letting the public take matters into their own hands and when you look at it like that the law punishes the guilty and the innocent alike.

So what if there was a cutting up incident on the road? regardless of what is said that's no reason to attempt to slap a woman, much less one who is expecting. Shows everything about the lack of control of the bloke who got a pasting if he was willing to make matters physical over the sake of mere words, no matter how 'offensive' they may or may not have been.

Maybe he'll think twice in future about using his fists in an inappropriate situation.

Many years ago a tutor of mine said 'Never start anything you cannot finish; and once you're committed then there's no turning back.'
Sounds to me like Sormicoft saw what was about to happen and committed himself to the inevitable consequences of what he believed to be the right thing to do for his own kin.

Who amongst you armchair generals and sanctimonious 'holier than thou' induuurviduals would have stepped up and done the same to protect what you saw as right, or would you have stood back and let events take their course, come what may, just to be proved not a ****?

All at face value of course :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
dmpoole said:
You've got the facts wrong -

1 - Man carves his wife up with no damage to car or wife
2 - The cars must have come to a standstill
3 - Wife loses her rag over nothing and provokes the man so much that ......
4 - He goes to slap her (but does not slap her) because .....
5 - Sormicroft interjected and kicked the living crap out of him

All over nothing.

1 other driver prat carved accross the hatched area of lines on the slip road and the outside lane of the slip road before forcing Sormys other half to take evasive action to avoid a collision. result being car doffing up the verge, resulting in minor sill damage and a buckled wheel.

2 as above cars came to standstill

3 wife called him choice names in an angry weegie fashion

4 SOAB reacts to wife and raises his hands

5. OP interjects gives the other guy a a few hard punches and puts him on the ground.

and for the record other driver is up in court on the 18th of this month on a dangerous driving charge

Soldato
OP
oh and yes i agree i am a **** and I would do it again, yes i over-reacted but I dont care. theres times in life when you have to stand up for what you think is the right thing to do even when in the eyes of the law and others you are the one in the wrong.

Soldato
OP
divine_madness said:
They wouldn't happen to have been in any way racist remarks would they? :p

she's a weegie what do you think :)

ZOMG ROB in racial shocker "weegie" oh crap

and for the record he's lucky i had a go at him, have you ever seen glasgwegian lassies fight, my missus brawls like a navvy

Permabanned
I'm assuming weegie is someone from Glasgow?

Are people from Glasgow generally racist then?

You can't really complain about getting charged with racially aggravated assault if your wife provoked him with racial slurs and then you assaulted him though can you? :/

Soldato
OP
hey i stand by my decision and accept the punishment, although in retrospect the fun poking during sentecing was not the most clever of ideas.

still dont agree with the idea of being convicted solely by a judge and no jury but thats life i'm guilty deal with it :)

Soldato
OP
divine_madness said:
I'm assuming weegie is someone from Glasgow?

Are people from Glasgow generally racist then?

You can't really complain about getting charged with racially aggravated assault if your wife provoked him with racial slurs and then you assaulted him though can you? :/

weegie is someone from glasgow yes

people from glasgow racist- depends what part and what generation but generally no

complaints none wife started it I finished it so i get my just desserts.

Sormicoft= Guilty and happy to admit he is wrong and deserving of what he got

Soldato
OP
divine_madness said:
Standing up for your wife is an admirable course of action.

Racially abusing someone for cutting you up isn't really on. Assaulting them even less so.

I didnt abuse anyone, SWMBO abused someone who ran her off the road

I just assaulted him after he made motions to hit SWMBO

Back
Top Bottom