Racing games

Associate
Souness said:
Trackmania United is THE racing game if you're going for arcade.

TMU is probably the most overlooked of racing games, not many gamers have heard of it but those who have played it are all addicted.

There are 7 different environements in one game, including rally, island (which is super fast), snow, and Stadium (which is the most popular), all with their own unique styles and handlings.

But the best thing about TMU is the multiplayer, as community support is the best of any game to date.

The really cool and easy to use track designed means there areliterally of thousands of top tracks out there, and the in game menu is linked to the internet, allowing you to compete for world records while you're still in solo mode, and purchase new vehicle models and tracks etc with the in game currency.

I get pretty angry about how underrated this game is, as it is by far and away the best arcade racing game out there in terms of presentation, multiplayer support, and competitive racing.

Dewd get all the car models of the Trackmania carpark so you dont have to spend your precious coppers this way
http://www.trackmania-carpark.com/

Also check out the modders site for new cool skins for all enviroments i personaly love the lego mood for rally
http://tmmod.220v.org/

Soldato
OP
OK I'm playing LFS at the moment. It's fun but how the AI runs you off the track is getting right on my ****.

Firstly, is there anyway to prevent them from attempting to murder you? If I can't, does anyone have tips for doing it to them? They seem to be able to maintain perfect control whilst owning me. When I try it, I either just spin out of control or I get knocked off the track with them.

God damn it's annoying. The only option I have is either HAVING to get a head-start or try play catch-up on the last corners which is just pathetic.

Associate
sniffy said:
OK I'm playing LFS at the moment. It's fun but how the AI runs you off the track is getting right on my ****.

Firstly, is there anyway to prevent them from attempting to murder you? If I can't, does anyone have tips for doing it to them? They seem to be able to maintain perfect control whilst owning me. When I try it, I either just spin out of control or I get knocked off the track with them.

God damn it's annoying. The only option I have is either HAVING to get a head-start or try play catch-up on the last corners which is just pathetic.

The AI aren't that great I'm afraid, there are a few fixes for them in the latest test patch, which should be released as proper patch X tomorrow. They do learn though, you can set a long race with just the AI to train them up.

You should jump online and race against real people, it's a lot more fun :)

Soldato
sniffy said:
I would bean0 but I'm quite poor. You experienced lads will make mince meat out of me :/

If someone lapped me, I'd just cry.
Tell you what. Give me until Monday/Tuesday next week and I'll play as well. YOU can then lap ME. :cool:

Soldato
OP
MarcLister said:
Tell you what. Give me until Monday/Tuesday next week and I'll play as well. YOU can then lap ME. :cool:

I wish :D

Btw your sig is great, always cracks me up.

Edit

Which version of track mania is the free one? They don't make it very clear on their site. I assume it's nations?

Last edited:
Associate
sniffy said:
I would bean0 but I'm quite poor. You experienced lads will make mince meat out of me :/

If someone lapped me, I'd just cry.

Even if you aren't putting in quick laptimes there's pretty much always a few people at around the same level, so you can still have a bit of a fight.

You will learn more from racing against humans, and watching the faster guys than you will by practicing offline against the AI. Setups do play a part in how quick you can be, and the faster guys will most likely not mind sharing theirs with you as long as you ask politely (and not whilst the're racing) and don't drive like a tool. If you make a mistake and clout someone, just apologise and give them the place back.

Everyone was a n00b once, nobs annoy people :)

Soldato
OP
Well I've played a few of the demo servers. Seems to attract idiots like flies to ****. Still a great laugh though :D

I'm not really improving much...Best lap of the GP track is 1:41. Any site to get car set-ups from? A site for replays would be sweet too.

Associate
sniffy said:
Well I've played a few of the demo servers. Seems to attract idiots like flies to ****. Still a great laugh though :D

I'm not really improving much...Best lap of the GP track is 1:41. Any site to get car set-ups from? A site for replays would be sweet too.

Replays are available from the Hotlaps section of www.LFSWorld.net
Setups from http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/

I wrote a little lap guide a while back as well, the XFG is slower nowadays so you probably won't get the splits I've mentioned - Clicky

:)

Back
Top Bottom