Ha Ha Ha

Soldato
Sean_UK said:
Had to fly back from Cyprus next to some Ric Waller sized fat **** while back, bad enough all his flab spilling over armrests let alone the smell thanks to humid 30c temps we had just left. The guy sitting other side cracked me up with some suttle comments directed at the lump sat between us.

Must have been wonderful for him, disregarding the fact that his self-esteem is probably zero anyway because of his size. Maybe he didn't want to sit next to someone who was ignorant and poked fun at him, but then he didn't have a choice either did he? You do know that a lot of fat people are so because they are bloody miserable and turn to food for comfort that they don't get from anywhere else because people are so downright horrible to them because of the way they are? Hope you enjoyed making someone thoroughly miserable and that one day the favour is returned. :)

I agree completely that this is a case for common sense 100% - the guy is obese and can't expect to be catered for without letting the airline know of his size first - but some of the attitudes in this thread are absolutely disgusting. :mad: Some of you ought to be really ashamed of yourselves.

Soldato
Scuzi said:
yes really.
Scuzi said:
Not that I'm aware of. I must say that I used the term 'everybody' loosely. I didn't anticipate a pedant picking holes in my every word. (smiley)
so let's get this straight.
I'm pedantic?
because i took your use of the word "everybody" to mean...well errr... everybody?
this coupled with the fact that you actually attempted to reinforce your choice of word by repeatedly stating that there wasn't any lack of clarity and that you meant exactly that?
( you defended the use of the word everybody in post#37 , so how you can now claim you meant it figuratively speaking is frankly beyond me )

if you don't mean the dictionary definition of a word, try using "almost" as well, or quotation marks. then the rest of us can accurately understand which parts are meant to be funny, which are factual and which are hogwash.

:D

Man of Honour
The_Dark_Side said:
yes really.

The fact remains that it is entirely possible for a 30 stone man to kill everyone in the cabin of an aircraft in the event of massive acceleration in various directions. Likely? Not really but it is possible.

Anyway, less of the semantics. I have more important things to be doing than arguing over the use of a word.

Soldato
Scuzi said:
The fact remains that it is entirely possible for a 30 stone man to kill everyone in the cabin of an aircraft in the event of massive acceleration in various directions. Likely? Not really but it is possible.
well if that's your honest opinion then fair enough.
i disagree and, while i've noticed one or two members posting the same doubts as i have, i haven't noticed anyone agreeing with you (although i've been doing a few other tasks at the same time and therefore skip-reading so i may have missed a post or three).

i say we try CBS' approach and launch a fat man in a jet and fly 'em into a microburst to see what happens.
;)

Man of Honour
The_Dark_Side said:
well if that's your honest opinion then fair enough.
i disagree and, while i've noticed one or two members posting the same doubts as i have, i haven't noticed anyone agreeing with you (although i've been doing a few other tasks at the same time and therefore skip-reading so i may have missed a post or three).
I must be wrong then. The armchair experts of OcUK haven't agreed with me.

You won't be getting on my plane, Nancy. Find someone willing to supply an aircraft, I'll do the flying and you can be the subject. I'd love to demonstrate the effects of 3 or 4G, you'd soon appreciate what sort of carnage a few hundred G is capable of :D

Soldato
Scuzi said:

You won't be getting on my plane, Nancy. Find someone willing to supply an aircraft, I'll do the flying and you can be the subject. I'd love to demonstrate the effects of 3 or 4G, you'd soon appreciate what sort of carnage a few hundred G is capable of :D

Few hundred Gs? :eek: Is that even possible on a failing aircraft?

Soldato
Scuzi said:
strictly speaking, unless specifically qualified in the area of discussion ( and we've both admitted we are not) then we're ALL armchair experts.
Scuzi said:
You won't be getting on my plane, Nancy.
calling me by our special name in public won't win me over there chunky-chops. ;)
Scuzi said:
i'm more than familiar with the effects of those kinds of G's. most rollercoasters can easily generate levels like that and it's usually only prolonged exposure that will cause any discomfort.
BTW as you mention what carnage would be caused by decelleration of a few hundred G's, then surely for your hypothetical fat man to kill all the passengers he will need to be sitting at the very back of the plane and be roughly 20 feet wide.

Soldato
Spie said:
I think Mr Scuzi knows a hell of a lot about this than the rest of us put together.
i'd say on many aspects of the topic you're 100% correct.
and again, if there's any links to accepted wisdom to backup this "fat man" theory then i'm always open to correction.
if none exist online then any textbooks that state such a thing is even possible that Scuzi is aware of could be posted with the relevant chapters/paragraphs outlined.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I believe a professor at the Cranfiled university of Bull is publishing research on a 39 stone man in a 757-200 on a flight from EGNT to Turkey, callsign TCX914K in which the aircraft experienced severe CAT compounded by an uncommanded slats deployment, a TCAS descend RA and a GPWS climb.

I can't wait to hear his thoughts. I hope it'll be a good enough source.

Is it just me or is this discussion/argument totally pointless? Who cares if he could or couldn't kill everyone on board? You're arguing for the sake of arguing, give it a rest.

My superior knowledge and expertise are going to waste. Such a shame, isn't it Betsy?

Soldato
Scuzi said:
I believe a professor at the Cranfiled university of Bull is publishing research on a 39 stone man in a 757-200 on a flight from EGNT to Turkey, callsign TCX914K in which the aircraft experienced severe CAT compounded by an uncommanded slats deployment, a TCAS descend RA and a GPWS climb.

I can't wait to hear his thoughts. I hope it'll be a good enough source.
definitely. i think the results of something like that would make interesting reading.
Scuzi said:
Is it just me or is this discussion/argument totally pointless? Who cares if he could or couldn't kill everyone on board? You're arguing for the sake of arguing, give it a rest.
i've replied to every post you make (and been a little more respectful to you than you have to me in the process) so as far as i'm concerned we're BOTH at the helm of this disagreement.
as for giving it a rest, why not lead by example? you said you had better things to be doing 50 minutes ago yet here we are.
Scuzi said:
My superior knowledge and expertise are going to waste. Such a shame, isn't it Betsy?
indeed it is sweety pie.

bottom line? as it stands you made a claim which you cannot backup.
should you provide more evidence than the "because i said so and i'm better than you" that you've posted thus far then i will be the first to say how wrong i was ( i'm neither qualified in the field we're discussing nor infallible).

Permabanned
neocon said:
hate sitting next to fatties, they stink!

You just reminded me of some huge guy in the lifts from the car park in the Bullring.

I was out with my girlfriend, about 3 others in the lift and when we all got out I honestly think all 5 of us exhaled in relief!!!

Back
Top Bottom