Chavs, cars and mufflers

Caporegime
That being said, not all cars are immune to this treatment. It's not just mum's old shopping run-around getting modded.

The other day I saw a Mazda MX-5 (hairdressers car? Maybe, but I'd still love to have one) that some wally had sprayed baby pink, with a playboy bunny emblem stuck on the back and the most crummy meccano spoiler on the back.

Ugh.

Man of Honour
Because the chav women wearing Argos Elizabeth Duke gold hoops think its cool. Then they end up pushing out kids at 16.

Not that I generalise or anything.

Soldato
Jonny69 said:
Never understood why you'd put a loud exhaust on an otherwise standard engine. Anyone can hear it's standard too. You see them caning it and making loads of fuss but the car is barely accelerating.
These exhausts just look horrible and so out of place. I don't see why people bother, they make the car sound horrible!

Man of Honour
I saw a brushed aluminium love heart exhaust the other day on a saxo, driven by a bloke chav :eek:

still sounded crap and looked awefull

Soldato
Its daftness of the highest order. My mate at work had a 1.2 clip with a 5" tipped box on it......he has since grown up and hasnt put one on his new astra.

Its usually scumbags that shout "geez a shot ae yer bike mate" then you say no........n they get wide with you.

Gotta love telling them to shut the **** up before you stab a chop stick through yer cheeks n crack **** out your face. :rolleyes:

Soldato
I like modded cars that are tastefully done and don't just have every single piece of tat from halfords stuck on them. Chavs tend to give people that mod their cars a bad reputation as idiots that drive everywhere redlining. My car is slightly modded with alloy wheels, an aftermarket exhaust and air filter but I am certainly not a chav.

Soldato
mcast123 said:
At 35 I think I'm getting too old to understand why chavs (neds) race around in crappy old cars without mufflers. Can someone please explain.

Is it to attract girls?

ph33r teh Pug!!!!23142451

DSC00866.JPG

:D

HaX

HaX

Associate
Although I find the chavs who drive around in souped up in old bangers attract my disdain, the ones who pee me off most are the morons who take the silencers off their 50/whatever cc scootes and then drive around making a horrible noise which hurts the ears of those around them.

Sometimes I wish I had a big stick I could stick in their wheels and make them fall off...

Soldato
Zip said:
Its because 13 or 14 year old girls with no knowledge in cars think they are OMG S3xor And Mature!! :eek: :(

It attracts the youngins it does :(

Pretty much. When I was 14, I dated a guy who drove a Micra. I didn't care what type of car it was, it was just cool that he was able to drive me around. The first guy to get his own car in my year at school had this awful Saxo, which had full bodywork and some crazy speakers in it. He got so much attention, because it was a car and it meant he could take people out to wonderful places like McDonalds.

Soldato
Whats more annoying is the people whinging about it.

I have a standard exhaust on my car and wouldn't go swapping it for a drainpipe.

Personally, i say leave them to it, it's a free country and if it makes them happy that is what matters. People also think people with fast cars that sound loud are pathetic too. People have/do what they want because it makes them happy. It's their toy....

Back
Top Bottom