Good driving games on PC`

Man of Honour
I'm going into a game shop today after work and buying a game. I am tired of waiting for duke nukem forever :)p) and wish to play something non FPS for a change.

I have played the NFS series, I have also played Dirt and CR series, I have played RS Challenge by MS (I really liked) and have played Juiced/Flatout etc.

Is there anything I'm missing out? I'm after fun factorm nothing too sim but a mix of good arcade action and good driving fun for a racer!

Soldato
mrk said:
I'm going into a game shop today after work and buying a game. I am tired of waiting for duke nukem forever :)p) and wish to play something non FPS for a change.

I have played the NFS series, I have also played Dirt and CR series, I have played RS Challenge by MS (I really liked) and have played Juiced/Flatout etc.

Is there anything I'm missing out? I'm after fun factorm nothing too sim but a mix of good arcade action and good driving fun for a racer!

Colin McRae 2005 is fun and it flies on most machines nowadays. Race (the WTCC game) and GTR 2 are also great, you can make them as arcadey or simlike as you fancy.

Associate
mrk said:
I have also played Dirt and CR series

Do you mean Colin Mcrae DiRT, as this isn't released until Friday. Unless you mean the demo, in which case, I'd wait until Friday and get this. If you've got a 360 then Forza 2 is out. Got this on Saturday but haven't got to play it yet :(

Associate
Another vote for DiRT (Colin McRae).
If you have the spec to run this game well (hint: try the demo first) then it's a real masterpiece.
Other good driving games, I have played:

Test Drive Unlimited (but needs a patch, which is due anytime now)
Trackmania United
Toca 3
Flatout 2

Associate
another vote for the ToCA games. They're pretty arcadey but loads of tracks/cars and there is a hardcore option which ups the difficulty a tad.

Richard Burns Rally is bloody hard but bloody great.

Associate
oh yes I forgot to mention RBR.
It's as hard as nails, but when you get it right, it just shines like no other driving game.
You really must have a wheel to get the best out of RBR imo.

Permabanned
Test Drive Unlimited but i would say wait till we got the patch and see what people say about it. If it's still being a pain in the ass, then forget it :)

Man of Honour
OP
I didn't like the TDU game, the gfx were poo imo and it performed bad too.

I'm now back and bought no game, I could not find a single game that took my fancy.

I hate gaming and the lack of interesting games :(

Back
Top Bottom