Safari for windows

Soldato
FirebarUK said:
You guys are just jealous that Apple release all the cool stuff :D

what i don't find cool is how i'm forced to use their skin. why can't it look like, you know... windows. i've always hated applications that have their own skins. even ati's hideous control center skins could be changed back to system.

edit: i love trying other browsers sometimes. you just don't realise how much you take adblock plus for granted.

spot the difference.... :p

2005472462181222995_rs.jpg

2005393273759274167_rs.jpg

now of course i might be jumping the gun here. is there anything like this for safari? :)

Last edited:
Soldato
^ LOL, don't forget MS HATE google, this was probably the first extra feature they put into ie7.

You'll need to wait for skins and addons, its only just been released as a Beta! :)

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Installed it last night. I like it, visually. However, unlike in firefox and IE7, I can't go back/forward a page ie. my wheel can click left/right and there doesn't seem to be an option :(

Associate
Tried it for 15 minutes last night then uninstalled. I have the blurry text issue, didn't seem any faster than Firefox and I have Firefox configured just how I like it. I'm sure it will suit some people, but not me.

Associate
Not for me - nae thanks, I stick with Fx 2 and wait for Fx3 due in November (just now Fx 3 Alpha 5 is just testing for development)... I dont think Apple claimed to be faster than FF and IE7 - that make no difference, is it? I dont see any faster in this browser... Sorry Apple Im stay with Mozilla.

one thing is FF has spelling check & restart same site -- Safari dont have one.

Soldato
It's alright, but I'm not a huge fan of it...

I starts nice and quickly compared to my Firefox. Firefox probably starts slower for me probably due to me having about 7 home pages & quite a few add-ons :p

It seems about the same speed as Firefox for me (I have Fasterfox & have done the tweaks).

Craig.

Associate
Aye I did the same to check what it look like but didnt seem to be fast as Firefox (I also used FastFox as well), only people suit which one to use

I open and load Firefox so fast than much quicker - anyway when Safarai 3.0 is release for full version then you may want to test again, Im not as Im just wait for Fx 3. for Windows users now to give people to choose IE7 or Firefox or Opera or Netscape or Safari... I only used Firefox 2 as master browser, Opera 9 as 2nd browser and IE 7 64bits as 3rd browser

Associate
It runs lovely... but i dont get all the arguements about it, you do have to remember that this hasnt seen the light of day outside of apple untill a day or 2 ago, and then its the first beta of it to be public. Remember your problems IE7 betas? I do agree with skins though, would be nice if you could select to turn off metal looks and revert to normal XP in Apple applications (itunes,QT,safari) they got it right with updater though:)

Associate
Some sites are slower and some are faster... this forum is much faster in Safari for me. As for blurry text, you can change the font smoothing settings in the preferences... it's on medium by default, but light is better on my dell 2007.

It's alright, but I prefer Firefox which is why I use it on the Mac also. :)

A.

Soldato
Tried Light smoothing here also, does make it better but still seems like it's all bolded text. Few annoying bugs in it also, but on the plus side I find it extremely fast.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Crucial and basic mistakes - font rendering looks appaling in any setting plus releasing tabbed browser without session management in this day and age is simply inexcusable. End of. If we wanted browser just faster than IE7 we all would be using Opera. There is a very narrow gap on this market and introducing a product that looks like crap and has "stuck in nineties" written all over it to market that already has something as versatile as Firefox and something as accomplished as Opera is borderline insane, if not just plain stupidity. Pathetic. Truelly pathetic.

So, now that they pooped on Microsoft's turf, we should expect MS releasing IE for Mac and rip them a new one, just like it did in old Netscape times...

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm YaawTube doesn't like it, even when reinstalling flash through Safari. Already bugged it - the page chosen for the screenshot/source submission info: Paris Hilton jail song :D

I hate IE7's controls, I like IE7's text rendering.

Still I'll give it a little more time as it is "beta".

Back
Top Bottom