Sigma 10-20 Center sharpness test! (Warning: BIG!)

Soldato
@ 10mm = F4 - F5.6 - F8 - F10 - F14 - F22

REMOVED

@ 20mm = F5.6 - F8 - F10 - F14 - F22

REMOVED

Corners are understandably less decent in sharpness :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got a 10-20 too and tbh I'm a little worried that it might be a bad unit. The sharpness at the edges is pretty bad (even for 10mm) and the distortion's terrible. Prey tell what did you photograph? (gridwise).

This is why I went for the Canon. You get what you pay for and the sharpness of the Sigma is a well documented fact. Its okay for some and not for others.

What you need to ask yourself is. Does this really bother you and is your work affected by it? Its very easy to be put off by these technical charts.

Associate
The distortion is just because it's 10mm. The sharpness is another thing thing altogether.

Simga have poor QC, so it's just your luck whether you get a good lens or not. I am not too sure if mines is a good one. I don't know if I am being unrealistic in wanting sharp edges of the screen as well as the centre at some apertures.

Soldato
OP
Fstop11 said:
This is why I went for the Canon. You get what you pay for and the sharpness of the Sigma is a well documented fact. Its okay for some and not for others.

What you need to ask yourself is. Does this really bother you and is your work affected by it? Its very easy to be put off by these technical charts.

Im extremly tempted to send it back and swap it for the canon.

See my "in the field" shots.

The grid was one I made up in InDesign CS2, 0.5mm, 1mm and 4mm lines...

at 20mm I think the lens is fine, but at the 10mm end, the end that I bought it for is abit dodgy...

I think I might get it swapped :/

Concorde Rules said:
Im extremly tempted to send it back and swap it for the canon.

See my "in the field" shots.

The grid was one I made up in InDesign CS2, 0.5mm, 1mm and 4mm lines...

at 20mm I think the lens is fine, but at the 10mm end, the end that I bought it for is abit dodgy...

I think I might get it swapped :/
Even if its more money you will be satisfied. At the end of the day you are not wanting to have a single regret when picking a lens out of your bag for a specific shot.

I got my 10 - 22 based on this. http://www.pbase.com/lightrules/uwatest

Back
Top Bottom