About Global Warming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Why is it a threat to human civilisation? If the Earth gets hotter we'll just adapt. It'll cause problems and localised chaos but it isn't going to wipe us out or anything.

By the time we truly destroy this planet we'll have developed mass interstellar travel and will probably all be on several huge spaceships living in massive bio-spheres whilst hurtling towards star systems where we might day colonize a new Earth.

Permabanned
OP
hi all,

If the temperature of earth increases, then the ice in various regions will start melting. so, the water in sea level increases and dipped the costal lands. If these process continues then there is a scarcity of land for the animals.

Another problem is increase in temperature decreases the life span of any animal.
The best solution is "plantation of trees".

Associate
What's happened to global warming this summer ? It seems to me a lot colder than last year but I expect that's down to global warming as well ? ;)

Permabanned
Reflections said:
hi all,

If the temperature of earth increases, then the ice in various regions will start melting. so, the water in sea level increases and dipped the costal lands. If these process continues then there is a scarcity of land for the animals.

Another problem is increase in temperature decreases the life span of any animal.
The best solution is "plantation of trees".
Unlucky for the animals then :confused: :D

(or to put it another way... WTF?!)

Associate
WIBSBOT said:
What's happened to global warming this summer ? It seems to me a lot colder than last year but I expect that's down to global warming as well ? ;)

Its been very cold this year in the North East - my wife keeps putting the heating back on when she thinks I'm not looking.

Probably is down to Global Warming or Climate Change (I think of it like the Windscale / Sellafield renaming) as are small tornadoes, heavy rain, tidal surges, volcanoes, tsunamis, frogs falling from the sky and every malaise that mankind suffers ;) .

Associate
Well, it's supposedly getting warmer, whether that's global warming or a natural cycle of the earth I haven't a clue, no harm in trying to reduce emissions though.

BTW: Reflections, how's the hunt for costumers going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom