Muslims V Rushdie II - The Rematch

Soldato
squiffy said:
Should replace all TV channels with 24 hour Muslim bashing. Eventually they'll go so nuts there brains will explode. :D

It'll be like a scene from Mars Attacks! Just with less grey matter.

;)

Oh, and before anyone says anything this is my opinion on all religion.

Caporegime
when someone did something that we didnt like in Iraq didnt we bomb them and invade their country? (and then hang their leader)

but yes we did it in a much more civilised manner, we used jets and missiled them into submission.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
absolutely stupid and terrifying.

terrifying, because of the seemingly wide spread anger, not just a small group of fanatics.

The sooner Muslims integrate and except not everyone, respects tehre religion the better. The only way for that to happen, is by learning English and English culture.

So they can learn are tollerence and freedom.

why doesn't the word peaceful and protest ever seem to be in the same sentence when dealing with muslins?

Permabanned
Although one has to wonder about the intelligence of people who can't even get a simple flag correct! I don't know what they think they're burning, but it certainly ain't no Union Jack!

rushdie20607wideweb470xox4.jpg

Permabanned
Azagoth said:
Although one has to wonder about the intelligence of people who can't even get a simple flag correct! I don't know what they think they're burning, but it certainly ain't no Union Jack!
Hehehe they are such backwards muppets :)
Always angry about some insult to Islam, get over it, it is an outdated religion and serves no purpose anymore. I wonder how they'd react if we burned one of their islam flags. Probably scream in rage and cry a bit. Especially if we published a few cartoons.

Associate
Spawn said:
So doesnt really bring any real importance then??, like i said just another jumped up title tbh.

What is wrong with a 'jumped up title' ?

If a country wants to honour some of its people with a medal, title or whatever, then to me that's a good thing. The fact that it doesn't come with money, or land, or 'any real importance' etc.. makes it even more worthwhile. Something to strive for other than materialistic things.

But, all of that is beside the point. Some Muslims have issued death threats against someone who got this 'meaningless' title. That is the real issue.

Muslims (small percentage but vocal) yet again showing that they cannot have a mature, intelligent, and adult debate without throwing around death threats left right and centre. Didn't their parents ever teach them that death threats are wrong ? or is it ingrained in the Islamic culture ?

Everytime something like this happens, it makes it that little bit harder for the West to ignore the silly comments, and does absolutely nothing constructive for peace and understanding.....

Man of Honour
If the honour bestowed upon Sir Rushdie serves no other purpose than to annoy muslims then I am all for it. What the hell is wrong with these people; they get angry at the most insignificant thing?

As for the Pakistani government minister's comments, clearly not mature enough to be involved in the running of a country, I wonder if their anger extends to them refusing to accept the millions of pounds in aid they receive from the hard pressed Great British taxpayer?

Soldato
What seems to have been missed here is that Religious Affairs Minister Ejaz ul-Haq is the son of former Pakistan dictator Zia ul-Haq - Ejaz like his father are shall we say "religious". Stirring up this kind of controversy is exactly what he wants - he would like nothing than to turn the public against the current dictator so he can make a move for power.

I don't know if he believes Rushdie should be killed or not but its in his political interests to let everyone know he does while President Musharaff is forced to tread the diplomatic line and stay neutral on the subject.

Back
Top Bottom