Idiot on my road !!

Soldato
s0ck said:
It also implicitly says you weren't, for whatever reason, able to say it face to face putting him at a psychological advantage.
Bit of tact can iron most things out...

I'd be more inclined to think it would make him think that the sender doesn't like him.

Soldato
silane said:
Why say anything? Just film him and go to the police, problem solved.
This

Or at the dead of night stuff a fish or some strong cheese in his engine block / exhaust, it'll stink the car out so bad he'll never want to use it.

Ed

Ed

Soldato
ScoobyDoo69 said:
Ok then, you tell that to him when he blows his engine because the oil hasn't had chance to circulate the engine yet.. let alone warm up. :rolleyes:
I don't know what's weirdest, the fact he's a plonker for driving around a residential area at silly speeds or that you're more worried about HIS engine.

:confused:

Soldato
Definately check his car for a tax disk, then phone the police anonymously and report someone for driving uninsured.

If you want to ensure they come, tell them you think he's drink driving. At least then they'll come quicker and check his license etc.

Soldato
I am at a loss as to why this thread has not been closed with its racist slurs by some of the posters!

To the OP, why do you even have to mention that "Some Asian guy" is driving recklessly?!? Surely "Some guy" is enough? As this has incited racisim by other posters

Call the police if it is bothering you so much, and hopefully they might do something about it?

Last edited:
Soldato
thepharcyde said:
I am at a loss as to why this thread has not been closed with its racist slurs by some of the posters!

To the OP, why do you even have to mention that "Some Asian guy" is driving recklessly?!? Surely "Some guy" is enough?

Dude seriously. If the guy is asian then why can't you call him an asian guy? Is that considered racist now?

I have an asian friend. Oh sorry, i mean she's ethnically challenged.

Soldato
Serj said:
Dude seriously. If the guy is asian then why can't you call him an asian guy? Is that considered racist now?

I have an asian friend. Oh sorry, i mean she's ethnically challenged.

Its whats followed since it was mentioned the guy was Asian, whos to say he was not born here?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Serj said:

I don't think anybody is saying it's racist, it's just that it was a piece of completely irellevent information.

Would he have said 'a white guy', or 'a ginger headed guy'?

It was just a completely random piece of information that had no bearing on the story.

Soldato
DreXeL said:
I don't think anybody is saying it's racist, it's just that it was a piece of completely irellevent information.

Would he have said 'a white guy', or 'a ginger headed guy'?

It was just a completely random piece of information that had no bearing on the story.

I think if you were trying to describe a situation, you'd always pick out a feature of the people involved. It just adds a bit of depth. In this case the most predominant feature was the fact he's asian, if it was a hot blonde, a pale ginger guy or a big black women then he would have said that.

I think it's a perfectly valid thing to say and i'm sure the OP wasn't trying to suggest that being asian was a key fact here.

Associate
thepharcyde said:
Born here = British right with Asian roots?

He's not saying he doesn't have any rights, or that he isn't british or questioning his roots, he's just referencing the person and in this case; his appearence. I guess the same way we wouldn't think twice about calling some white guy with a burberry cap, gold neckless, reebok classics, adidas striped tracksuit, carrying his wallet in his hand; a chav. I just think you're reading too much in between the lines, although i fully see your point how it can be out of order, which in this case wasn't really the case.

He doesn't have anything against the guy, a was only trying to paint a picture for us. This isn't a forum where posters jump onto the band wagon and start posting things like: "oh yeah, well we've got this asian round our area ..... etc etc".

I think i'm going towards tangents again. Shoot me now.

Soldato
pop round his house when hes out there playing with the car (should be obvious cos he'll have it on the limiter).

say 'hiya, im the guy down the road with two scoobies.... what you done to yours?'

then have a chat about cars, and then tell him about the issues of caning it when cold. if he is a petrolhead (hey, foreign people can be petrol heads too, i am) he'll get the idea about warming it up first and then wont cane it up and down your street if you put the scares up him about blowing it up.

then carry on chatting about cars... cos thats what petrolheads like to do.

never know, you may pick up a good mate there, even if he is asian :rolleyes:

Soldato
All well and good telling the police he has no tax etc. but they'll just shurg it off and ignore it. The car is parked on private property, therefore it is not in need of tax, insurance etc. The police will only take action if/when they see it parked/being used on a public highway.

I had this at one of my old jobs, one of the guys in the town owned a BMW, I don't what one it was, but his tax ran out about 3 years prior to me and my colleages noticing it. When a policeman came into the store (can't remember the original reason) we mentioned that this guy had long expired tax. The policeman checked it out, came back and said it's on private property, nothing we can do.

The only way the OP will be able to get the police involved if the guy has no tax etc. is if he takes videos and photos of the car (incluing the plate) of the car not on private property, but on the pbulic highway.

Then he can contact the police and say about it, aswell as supply evidence.

InvG

Back
Top Bottom