Clamped for no tax disk on display

Soldato
Gilly said:
No, they didn't.

Of course I get it, I'm not stupid.

I'm not about to damage my own car in an attempt to defraud someone else, get it?

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't you the the poster suggesting using an angle grinder to damage Council property? LOL

Man of Honour
Usher said:
Correct me if I am wrong but aren't you the the poster suggesting using an angle grinder to damage Council property? LOL
No, the clamp won't be council property, and which is worse - removing an incorrectly applied clamp or fraud?

Soldato
about 4 years ago i parked in a private parking lot and got clamped. The fine was £80 i believe. We went to a tool hire shop and rented some bolt cutters for the day. We cut the clamp off and got rid of it. I never heard anything from it.....

Soldato
back in 98 I removed 2 or 3 clamps from my car wheels, then I got a warning, I also got a warning for breaking out of a car park when I was 19, the joys of being an idiot :D

Soldato
pitchfork said:
back in 98 I removed 2 or 3 clamps from my car wheels, then I got a warning, I also got a warning for breaking out of a car park when I was 19, the joys of being an idiot :D

I think it all depends on the size and professionalism of the clamping company. If it's small and private, they won't further proceed....

Soldato
Oblivious said:
Its a Civil matter, don't waste Police time.
Is it? If his car has been immobilised for no good reason then surely that's a criminal offence?

If someone chains my front door shut so I can't get into my house, is that a civil matter?

Caporegime
OP
I had to pay. Need to speak to flat 9, which I think is empty. He used the fact I was in someone else space and they rang up and complained. However he said they rang the day before at 2pm. My car at work from Monday morning to 6pm.

Conartists! £165:(

Caporegime
OP
[TW]Fox said:
Why didnt you remove the wheel?

Dunno to be honest. He was threatening too get the truck out and they use dollys to get it out the car park, prob BS.

Problem is it's a carpark I will always use. So its not like i can do a runner. Maybe I should have given it a try though.

Caporegime
OP
Dr_Evil said:
You are insane!

£129 towing fee, £85 compound release. Plus £45 a day storage.

Couldn't be arsed to take the risk. Haven't left it as it is though, got to do some digging

Back
Top Bottom