Clamped for no tax disk on display

Soldato
NathanE said:
Should have popped to the local DIY store and bought a cheapo angle grinder for £25 or so.

Would take about 40 seconds to cut through those weedy chains.

a boltcutter is cheaper, makes less noise and much quicker.....

Soldato
TomO said:
yes and then they will call the police.

< speaking from experience here.

So what did the police do then? From what I've read of other peoples experiences, when someone has called the police regarding heavy handed clamper techniques, the police have been quick to state that it's a civil matter and they can't help.

Edit - See this thread for example.

Soldato
Simon said:
So? I'd stick two up and smile at the same time. If they illegally clamped you like you say then they'd come out worse off in a court of law.

Even if the clampers were still there like hawks you can still cut it off... If they touch you then its assault.

Soldato
Trojan said:
So what did the police do then? From what I've read of other peoples experiences, when someone has called the police regarding heavy handed clamper techniques, the police have been quick to state that it's a civil matter and they can't help.

Edit - See this thread for example.

council called police on me. police turned up and told me if i didnt get out of the car then i would be arrested for breach of the peace.

Soldato
TomO said:
council called police on me. police turned up and told me if i didnt get out of the car then i would be arrested for breach of the peace.

Unbelievable. So if you call the police it's a civil matter. If they call them you're in breach of the peace? Pathetic :mad:

Soldato
so let me get this straight, your saying you got clamped because your tax disk had fallen onto the floor of the car, even though its legally taxed AND in a private car park. Also because you parked in someone elses space, who apparantly complained?? what about the dude that parked in your space....forcing you to park else where?

Soldato
Well strictly speaking he Simon should have complained about the guy in his space and cleared it before parking elsewhere I suppose... Annoying though when half the carparks empty isn't it :(

Should have taken your wheel off. But as you said it's in your interest not to **** them off as you park there every day.

Man of Honour
You should have removed the wheel to remove the clamp. If you can remove the clamp without damaging it, there's nothing they can do.

£165 or half an hour pulling a clamp off, I know which I'd rather do :p

Associate
So someone complained that you were parked in THEIR space and they clamped you so you COULDNT move your car?! How does that help anyone?? :confused:

Sorry to hear about your situation mate, I probably would've done the same as you though just to avoid further hassle...

Back
Top Bottom