Live Free or Die Hard

Permabanned
Now I have not seen this film but the boards over at imdb are going nuts over this ( in a bad way ).

I kind of agree after listening to a clip which went like "Whoa you killed a helicopter with a car" , and Bruce replies "I was outta bullets" . I think that right there says what the film is about.

Hollywood is cashing in more and more trying to get films appeal to everyone so they can rake in more money. Whenever a film is sucessful you can guarantee the sequal is going to be a kiddy affair.

Terminator, Beverely Hills Cop, Die Hard?

Soldato
well the sequels can be good (terminator was a bad example cos the second was brilliant,the 3rd not so though).

i dont know why people are expecting a lot of this film anyway, people never rate action films such as this well(im pretty sure the first 3 werent well rated). its not like the film has been released yet either so its all just speculation

anyway i thought that was a pretty good line :D

Soldato
Im not expecting it being the best Die Hard

But Die Hard 2 was tripe so it cant be any worse than that.

Im not sure what they are all expecting though... its just an action film.. when has Die Hard been anything more than a good old action flic?

Soldato
The first Die Hard stands as one of the greatest action movies ever because it was really well written with great dialouge and lots of great action.

What are people expecting though? The Matrix made action movies all "smart" and any action movie that doesn't carry some kind of message, just gets slated anyway.

Soldato
Woody__ said:
The first Die Hard stands as one of the greatest action movies ever because it was really well written with great dialouge and lots of great action.

What are people expecting though? The Matrix made action movies all "smart" and any action movie that doesn't carry some kind of message, just gets slated anyway.

It will be smart though..

It isnt Die Hard 4.. its 4.0..

thats pretty deep

Soldato
lemonkettaz said:
Im not sure what they are all expecting though... its just an action film.. when has Die Hard been anything more than a good old action flic?

Disclaimer on Cinema Kiosk said:
When Purchasing Tickets for 'Live Free or Die Hard - Die Hard 4.0' Please Remember to also Purchase some Popcorn and a Beverage and remove you Brain and hand it to a Representative, who will give you a Ticket and be happy to store it safely for you in our Purpose Built 'Action Movie - Brain Store', for the duration of the Film. after all your not going to need it!
:D

I still wanna see it!... Make my own mind up!!.. :p

Associate
Blokey57 said:
I've got to agree here, Die Hard 2 was soooo boring, dull and just generally pants, Die Hard 3 was so much more enjoyable. :)

Bang on. Jeremy Irons plays such an excellent bad guy and had you believing his character the whole way through. Obviously Alan Rickman is untouchable in the first. To tell the truth i cant even remember who the 'bad guy' was in the second and what he was after even then i have surely watched it tons of times.

Man of Honour
Clinkz said:
Bang on. Jeremy Irons plays such an excellent bad guy and had you believing his character the whole way through. Obviously Alan Rickman is untouchable in the first. To tell the truth i cant even remember who the 'bad guy' was in the second and what he was after even then i have surely watched it tons of times.
It was the stutterer out of shawshank redemption, and if you don't know it yet then you have no right to comment on any film ever :)

Associate
Gilly said:
It was the stutterer out of shawshank redemption, and if you don't know it yet then you have no right to comment on any film ever :)

Does it not show the film must have been lacking something for his performance to not be memorable to me?

Soldato
couple of corrections for this thread.

Die Hard 2 was a pretty fun film. Nothing bad about it.

Terminator 2 is about the worst example of 'bad sequel' you could have possibly thought of. That film was amazing then, is amazing now and did justice to the original. To me it's a classic. Aside from Aliens, it's Camerons best work.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Clinkz said:
Does it not show the film must have been lacking something for his performance to not be memorable to me?
If you don't know who the stutterrer is from Shawshank you don't deserve to ever watch a film again, never mind comment on them ;)

Soldato
Stutterer indeed, I think I might go and watch the 2nd Die Hard tonight - got the trilogy on DVD for a tenner recently and have only watched the third film as yet ..

I'm looking forward to this, I think the director should do a good job - but then I do like his other work (pretty much only the Underworld films)

Permabanned
OP
n3crius said:
coupld of corrections for this thread.

Die Hard 2 was a pretty fun film. Nothing bad about it.

Terminator 2 is about the worst example of 'bad sequel' you could have possibly thought of. That film was amazing then, is amazing now and did justice to the original. To me it's a classic. Aside from Aliens, it's Camerons best work.

Just to make it clear I thought T2 was excellent. I was trying make the point whenever a films gets so popular as it did when T2 was released they manage to mess up the sequals ala T3. I confused people there.

Back
Top Bottom