Do you speak your mind?

Permabanned
MikeHunt79 said:
Example, you see a fit lass. You're not gonna get very far by saying:

"Wow, nice ****, I'd like to **** you... how about it?" :eek: :D

Especially if the bf is stood next to her.

"Cheeky little ****** am going to **** your face up you sick little ****"

It would trigger wars, riots and everything...

Would we have immigrants in the country if we all spoke our mind...whoops can of worms everywhere.

Soldato
Gilly said:
Ever seen Liar, Liar?

Miranda: Ummm that was incredible. Was it good for you?
Fletcher: I've had better.

Cop: You know why I pulled you over?
Fletcher: Depends on how long you were following me!
Cop: Why don't we just take it from the top?
Fletcher: Here goes: I sped. I followed too closely. I ran a stop sign. I almost hit a Chevy. I sped some more. I failed to yield at a crosswalk. I changed lanes at the intersection. I changed lanes without signaling while running a red light and *speeding*!
Cop: Is that all?
Fletcher: No... I have unpaid parking tickets.
[groans]
Fletcher: ... be gentle.

Soldato
Gilly said:
Ever seen Liar, Liar?

Lol good example.

I dont speak my mind - well unless im around my best mates but bar that i can to put a cap on it. Especially with my affiliation to the "N" word and with the local population around here and everything =p

Associate
Could there be considered a difference between 'speaking your mind' and 'the truth'?

For example...

Dr_Evil said:
Miranda: Ummm that was incredible. Was it good for you?
Fletcher: I've had better.

That would be speaking his mind, and obviously also truthful...

However...

Dr_Evil said:
Cop: You know why I pulled you over?
Fletcher: Depends on how long you were following me!
Cop: Why don't we just take it from the top?
Fletcher: Here goes: I sped. I followed too closely. I ran a stop sign. I almost hit a Chevy. I sped some more. I failed to yield at a crosswalk. I changed lanes at the intersection. I changed lanes without signaling while running a red light and *speeding*!
Cop: Is that all?
Fletcher: No... I have unpaid parking tickets.
[groans]
Fletcher: ... be gentle.

This would be truthful, it wouldn't necessarily be 'speaking his mind' - speaking his mind would tell the cop to **** off and go catch some real criminals as he was in a rush or something?

I don't always speak my mind.

Permabanned
It depends on the his opinion of the cop. If he thought deep down the cop was doing the right thing and he deserved the tickets, he was speaking his mind by telling him the truth.

Soldato
I wish I had the courage to do so all the time. I'd probably annoy a lot of people.

/edit - Here's one: sometimes I despair at the state of vocab, grammar and punctuation (mainly lack of) these days.

Last edited:
Soldato
I do most of the time.

I don't do it all the time, otherwise I'd probably get slapped a lot... :p

However, saying that, I don't get slapped when I tell girls they need to go to the gym, or need to sort out their hair. :D But that's cause it's in a joking way...

Permabanned
[TW]Fox said:
On internet forums, yes. I have an opinion, I voice it. It's what forums are for.

In real life, absolutely not. Each situation needs judging. People come to a forum to share opinions but not everyone in real life wants that.

If for instance someone just told you they bought a brand new 1.6 Civic sport because they wanted something sporty, told you it's really "nippy" and quick and cost them £16k or whatever it would be new. It will depreciate like a stone and he could have got an e46 M3 3.2l which is a better car in every respect and much faster for the same money would you tell him he's a pleb and he could have got so much more car for his money like you would here?

Caporegime
cleanbluesky said:
Actually, you're just the person I thought would answer.

Why would a person be stupid to speak their mind all the time? What's the worst that could happen?

because sometimes your mind can run through a number of scenarios but in order to "save face" or protect a certain image which you are trying to protray you may have to supress them to being mind ? "waves?" only...

and if you were to ALWAYS speak your mind, you would be constantly babbling silly stuff and look quite strange, as that is not the customary mode of behaviour in what "society" deems a "normal" human being...?

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
cleanbluesky said:
Does anyone speak their mind all the time?

If so, whats the most interesting situation its got you into?

Not all the time but the majority of time i do.
The situations it leads to are not interesting though as they are usually awkward, during this awkward time i then realise i shouldn't have been so cold/straight/honest.
Hindsight is great though but no use to someone as basic as me, I've opened my big gob & offended before my brain has even booted up.
Thinking about it now i just hope that others realise my ignorance & somehow excuse it.

Permabanned
malc30 said:
Not all the time but the majority of time i do.
The situations it leads to are not interesting though as they are usually awkward, during this awkward time i then realise i shouldn't have been so cold/straight/honest.
Hindsight is great though but no use to someone as basic as me, I've opened my big gob & offended before my brain has even booted up.
Thinking about it now i just hope that others realise my ignorance & somehow excuse it.

Your a lot like my dad, seriously

He's always opening his big gob offending people and doesn't actually give a ****

Like you, if anyones being friendly and calls him mate he will go off on one "YOUR NOT MY MATE!" while I casually walk off pretending not to know him lol

Soldato
Yeah, most interesting situation, basically when one of my mates had respect for tony blair, we had this long argument and I kind of ended up shouting at him and then later throwing a fire extinguiser at him which hit some random guy coming back from the bogs. Well basically i've become mates with the guy who the extinguisher hit since.

But yeah if I've got something to say I'm gonna say it, if I offend someone then they need to grow a pair.

Back
Top Bottom