Need some Dumbbells

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Hi, I need some dumbbells. don't fancy going down to town and dragging em back home.

Basically what I need is 2 dumbbells with collars and some weights.

Something like 4 10kg discs, and a few smaller ones would do the job. Oh and price is important. cheap cheap cheap.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
OP

Can order 1 of these: York 50kg Spinlock Vinyl Barbell/Dumbbell Set for £20+del

Pretty good price compared to the other stuff I've saw, it is vinyl though but apart me no1 else will use it so should be fine.

Associate
Yeah, for 20quid the Vinyl isn't too bad really for the price. Just be careful when placing it on the floor and ensure you don't drop the plates. My mate has some and they have cracked now.

Another thing to note about them is the dumbbell bars seem a little long to me. But that could just be me though. :p

I myself use the Cast Iron ones at the moment with an EZ Bar, Dumbells and the Bicep/Tricep Curler.

Associate
They are the exact two bars that I use. They are decent enough but then I would say that.

What I have is those two bars, the 20KG Cast Iron dumbbell set from there (York) and an additional 4 x 5KG plates.

Need to be getting more soon though and a Barbell Bar though.

Anyway yeah, those two bars and the weights mentioned earlier would be perfect for starting I think personally and it isn't to expensive easier and when you improve or have more money you can buy more plates.

Enjoy, I'm sure you'll get addicted like most of us already have. :D

Soldato
I use these with an extra 4x10kg plates and the bars ^ great for curls and skullcrushers.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...quipment>C$cip=50413.Weights+and+dumbells.htm
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...quipment>C$cip=50413.Weights+and+dumbells.htm
They will last forever. Get yourself some of those 5.99 gloves on the same page as well had mine for 3 years now and still going strong. ;)

The trouble with vinyl weights is the thickness of them, you cant fit as much on the bar as u can with cast iron ones which is especially true when u use dumbells.

Last edited:

B&W

B&W

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replies lads, ill get the bars and the gloves. not sure but mite invest in some iron weights.

danoliver1 said:
The trouble with vinyl weights is the thickness of them, you cant fit as much on the bar as u can with cast iron ones which is especially true when u use dumbells.

Yes, I found some old plates in the garage a few hours ago. They are useless tbh as they're 2/1 kgs. However compared to the vinyl ones I had earlier I could get more weights on the dumbbell using the iron weights.

Soldato
If you're looking for weights, have a look in the ads section of your local newspaper. You can normally find some in there, for cheaper than you'd pick up at a shop.

Back
Top Bottom