Royal Fail

Associate
I'm not usually one to moan about the royal mail, as I've never had a problem with them, but in the last week:

I sent a package recorded delivery first class to a friend, delivery was never even attempted (no card put through the door) so I tracked it online and it says its being returned to sender

A letter was sent to me last Friday first class, still not here

Package sent last Thursday, still not here

Item sent to me 'recorded delivery before 1pm' to arrive today, guess what, its not here

Rant Over

Soldato
The mail strike will just make them even less popular. I've had a LOT of items go missing in the past 5 years, far more than you'd normally expect through human error.

Permabanned
Down to personal experience. Never had a problem with the premium services.

Had a few letters lost over the years using standard mail, but considering the massive logistical challenge they face everyday with standard post, it's pretty reasonable to see some go missing.

Associate
Nitro_Junkie said:
don't expect them to get it all right

but four in one week? and two of them recorded delivery

couriers for me from now on
Recorded Delivery doesn't really make much difference in if it gets there or not, because it goes with all the rest of the mail. All you're paying for with recorded delivery is to know if its arrived or not, so if it does get lost you can claim some money back with the proof that it never got there (only £34 though).

Special Delivery, at least from my experience, never gets lost. I've never known one to go missing, because it acts more like a courier service. Tracked at every depot, kept away from normal bulk mail, etc.

If I have to post anything I always send Special Delivery, but I suppose thats because I only send important items, not letters or anything.

Associate
I work for chairty and i sent off a interim review for a grant that we had (£1000) and it got lost in the post.One day i rang up looking for the rest of the grant money so i could finnish the project i was working on. However they were rather angry that they never had the report. So i sent it off again and a few months went by and got another phone call that it had not arrived. In the end i posted in on the other side of the county and it got there in a week. The funders weren't going to give us the money because it had been so long. However we got round that because we said it was the post.

Soldato
Royal mail do have their faults , but overall not that bad. At work we send out about 500 items a month and not much goes wrong luckily.

City Link are usually crap around my area and have always been perfect at work, until today.

They delivered a box with £6k worth of stock to a random person in manchester, luckily enough they were honest enough to look at the invoice, look up our name and give us a call - and the invoice had the value of goods on it, good to have some honest people :cool:

Back
Top Bottom